Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Bar night here
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Doing Blane's dinner from last night - steak and asparagus, and I'll add an orzo with everything side. I always switch out the parmesan for feta.

http://www.yumatfirstbite.com/orzo-with-everything/
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by Trixxee (Doing Blane's dinner...)
I'm making what I was going to make last night, steakhouse mushroom burgers with grilled mango as a side.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by losblanos1 (I'm making what I wa...)
We are having two days of cooler weather, so it might be chili tonight unless I get inspired to do something else.

Waiting for some milk to cool, so I can try making yogurt in the Instant Pot again. I know what I did wrong the first time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by Mare749 (We are having two da...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
I've already changed my mind. The one remaining steak is smaller than I remembered so I'm going to supplement it with this Bobby Flay grilled scallop recipe (though ditching the rice noodle salad that goes with), keep the asparagus, ditch the orzo with everything.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/...lad-recipe.html
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by Trixxee (I've already changed...)
WE'RE HAVIN' A BABY!!! The mare across the street is a week late and she's finally laying down in the pasture and the neighborhood is abuzz!!! Another colt to watch grow up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by cjs (WE'RE HAVIN' A BABY!...)
That really is exciting, Jean! Take pics when the little one is up and about.

We have a newborn fawn in our yard, no bigger than Charlie. Might be more. Their moms like to bed them down in our yard and feel safe here for some reason.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by Mare749 (That really is excit...)
Isn't it fun - as much as they can be irritants in later life...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/7/16?? by cjs (Isn't it fun - as mu...)
Quote:

Isn't it fun - as much as they can be irritants in later life...

No kidding! Do you know how much my garden is designed around deer-resistant plants??? One of my favorites is that they don't like basil so they leave my tomatoes alone...

Tonight we're having Muffaletta-Style Stuffed Flank Steak. The olive salad is amazing, so I'm hoping that the entire dish will be a keeper. I'm serving it with a chopped veggie salad.