Almond extract?
  Re: (...)
Although I'm currently using almond extract only in the icing for my Finnish Cardamom Bread, it doesn't take long to go through one of those little bottles the supermarkets sell and it's not cheap.

Amazon has a number of inexpensive 16- or even 32-ounce bottles of almond extract, but I'm not sure of the quality and many of the reviews say that those have weaker taste and aroma.

Do any of you know where to get the big bottles of good-quality, pure (not imitation) almond extract at a decent price?

Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Almond extract? by labradors (Although I'm current...)
I don't and other than just googling, which I'm sure you did, I have no suggestions. Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by cjs (I don't and other th...)
Sonoma syrup company has a good product---according to reviews. Bakers Catalog has an 8 ounce bottle for 19.00 but I'm not sure about the shipping. I order from them at times and the shipping is free most of the time.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by Roxanne 21 (Sonoma syrup company...)
Unfortunately, that's only slightly less than the price of what I'm currently getting from the supermarket - not enough to make a big difference.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by labradors (Unfortunately, that'...)
Labs, do you belong to any of the wholesale clubs like Costco? I buy big bottles of vanilla there. Not sure if they have almond.

Also, you might try a cake supply store, if you have one nearby.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by Mare749 (Labs, do you belong ...)
Have you looked at Olive Nation? I've bought vanilla beans from them before at a much lower price than the grocery story.

https://www.olivenation.com/almond-extract.html
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by Trixxee (Have you looked at O...)
I also noticed they have almond emulsion and almond super flavor, whatever those are.
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by Trixxee (I also noticed they ...)
Olive Nation is the best!! Lowest prices for vanilla beans anywhere and they are some great-looking beans!!

Thanks for reminding me Trixxee,I need more beans!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by BarbaraS (Olive Nation is the ...)
Labs, I have the KAF emulsion and like it a lot. I also recommend Penzeys. Their stuff is powerful, so you can use less. Don't know if you have TJs there, but they stuff is usually better quality than supermarket stuff.
  Re: Re: Almond extract? by Cubangirl (Labs, I have the KAF...)
https://www.olivenation.com/catalogsearc...on+extract

Just saw this in a newsletter - am I repeating a suggestion??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com