Instant Pot Recipes - I
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (It was good, Daphne...)
And you finished the ribs on the grill? Jean
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Instant Pot Recipes - I by Mare749 (So, it seems that I ...)
Yep!  Here it is!  I think I like the other one, though.  While I enjoyed making the Sunday gravy from our old favorite restaurant, it's not something I'd want every time.  I can't remember what meat you had in the other, but we have learned to love Italian sausage so much, I can't imagine using any other protein.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Easy French Dip Sandwiches

3-4 lb. pot roast
salt and pepper

Heat the Instant Pot using the "saute" button, add oil and swirl it around. Add the pot roast and brown on both sides.

Add 1 large sliced onion, 1 cup of water with 1 tsp. beef soup base. Press the "meat" button and adjust the time, if necessary, to 35 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10-15 minutes, then remove the pot roast and keep warm. Put the onions in a bowl and set aside to put on the sandwiches.

Put the jus into a gravy separator, then back in the Instant Pot on "saute" to bring to a simmer. Add a bit of cornstarch and water, just enough to give it a little body, and finish with salt and pepper.

We like to use Orlando Hearth Baked Italian rolls. They go in the oven for 5 minutes and produce a nice crispy roll with a soft interior. Assemble the sandwiches slices of the meat and a spoonful of onions. Provide a small bowl for dipping.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
this sounds so good. I guess I'm ready to get back to learning this apparatus.... I FINALLY got to drive my car - ice is pretty much gone) and I just went up and down the aisles of the store. Picked up beautiful short ribs and a large pork shoulder that I thought I'd cut in half for two different dishes.

So, I'll be back to pick your (Maryann) and Alina's brains. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann' what cut of beef did you use?  I've been wanting to do French Dips ever since you mentioned them in a recent dinner thread.
Daphne
Daphne, it was just a plain ol' pot roast. Chuck roast, maybe?
Maryann

Gotcha...so you shredded it?
Daphne
No, we're able to slice it, but it's so moist that a little bit of it did shred.
Maryann

Thanks, Maryann!  I cooked mine 50 minutes for roast beef, so I wasn't sure.  Should have realized a shorter cook time would leave it "sliceable"!
Daphne
Gotta join the egg cooking parade!  They turned out PERFECT!  And so easy to peel even though they were bought fresh yesterday!

Now I've got the chicken in there.  Fingers crossed!  I guess we are having tons of food to snack on tonight!  Gotta pick up some Ritz for the salad.

Feeling motivated!
Daphne