Instant Pot Recipes - I
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (I agree! Easiest eve...)
interested....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (interested.... [img]...)
Dang!! Ribs in an hour?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by BarbaraS (Dang!! Ribs in an h...)
Here is the recipe for Cannellini Bean Stew. I just noticed that this recipe is for a stovetop pressure cooker rather than an Instant Pot.

The other thing is that the timing seems rather long, but does not call for the beans to be soaked as in some of his other recipes. Does anyone think that might be due to the volume in the cooker? It looks like it would be pretty full. Also, I think that I would let it natural release for at least 10 minutes so that all that liquid doesn't come out of the spout. Just a thought. Comments please?

Cannellini Bean Stew

By: Emeril Lagasse
Serves 8

1 lb.1 dried cannellini or navy beans
12 ounces smoked sausage -- cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
1 1/2 pounds country-style porkk ribs -- meat cut into 1-inch chunks (reserve bones if ribs are bone-in)
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 1/2 Tablespoons fennel seeds
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups chopped yellow onion -- (about 2 medium onions)
10 cloves garlic -- smashed
10 canned anchovy fillets
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes -- with juices
6 cups homemade chicken stock or packaged low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Add the beans, sausage, pork, bones (if available), rosemary and thyme sprigs, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, anchovies, tomatoes and chicken stock to a 6-quart pressure cooker. Close and lock the lid, and set to "high pressure" for 90 minutes.

Open the pressure release valve, allow the steam to escape, and carefully unlock and open the lid.

Discard the bones (if necessary) and stir in the basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Serve hot and enjoy it with crusty bread.

Description:
"This deliciously meaty bean stew gets its character from anchovies, tomatoes, and garlic (although it doesn't taste fishy at all). To round out the Tuscan flavors, I add basil, extra-virgin olive oil, and a splash of balsamic vinegar."
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (Here is the recipe f...)
That seems way too long for beans. I cooked perfect unsoaked black beans using 25 minutes pressure with a minimum of 10 minutes NPR. I can't imagine any bean needing 90 minutes pressure. Country ribs will cook in 25 as well so I'd start with that and the put back for more pressure if needed. I tried to find a recipe link to it but could not find one.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (That seems way too l...)
Copying the recipe and notes. Have not used this enough to really know anything about it yet.... (except for eggs.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (Copying the recipe a...)
Thanks, Alina. I wonder how it would work to just use the chili setting?
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (Thanks, Alina. I won...)
I did unsoaked black beans and ground beef using the chili/beans setting and it worked well. So yes, I'd use that to start.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (I did unsoaked black...)
Have you made this dish yet, Maryann??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (Have you made this d...)
No, I'm just typing up some recipes from this book before I take it back to the library and thought this one sounded good. Guess I should have tried it before posting. Saving for a cooler day.
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (No, I'm just typing ...)
I started this recipe tonight and will use the broth and meat to finish the green beans sometime in the next few days. I wanted to see how well the ham hocks turned out with only 60 minutes in the IP. This is one of Ron's favorite meals that his mom used to make in the summer when fresh green beans are in. I always add a few tiny potatoes to the dish as well.

Well, the hocks were fall apart tender. I let them cool for a bit, then it was very easy to pick off the meat to use in the final dish. Here is the recipe, once again from Emeril's book.

Green Beans with Smoked Ham Hock

2 ham hocks (1 to 1 1/2 lbs. total)
3 cups homemade chicken stock
2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 2 medium)
2 T. minced garlic (4 to 5 large cloves)
3 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves

Add the ham hocks and chicken stock to a 6 qt. pressure cooker. Close and lock the lid and set to high pressure for 60 minutes.

Release the steam, unlock and open the lid.Transfer the hocks to a plate, remove the meat and return it to the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, green beans, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Close and lock the lid, and re-set to high pressure for 15 minutes.

Release the pressure and open the lid. Stir in the olive oil and chopped parsley and serve hot.

Source:
"Emeril's Cooking with Power"
Maryann