Instant Pot Recipes - I
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (I would highly recom...)
I'm going to continue 'playing' with it to really cement the ways to use it - but, I guess I'm a little too old school. I love something cooking for hours at a time and the way it makes the house smell. I know I'm wasting energy, but tough! this will help out tremendously when I/we are short on time, tho so it won't be put away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (I'm going to continu...)
Maryann, I'll have to look it up. It's a Cuisine recipe. It was so good, Ashley called for the recipe, and she and Jason use it often.

Here you go Maryann. It must be from a special publication since it didn't show up in a search. I'd guess a grilling one? Anyway, here is the recipe.

Blue potato salad

Makes 7 cups
Total time: 25 minutes

2 lb. red potatoes, sliced 1/2" thick

3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup celery, diced

1/3 cup sour cream

1/4 cup white wine vinegar

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender when pierced, about 10 minutes; drain.
Whisk remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Add hot potatoes and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Per cup: 283 calories; 60% calories from fat;
19g total fat; 22g carb.; 336
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I'll have t...)
Daphne, thank you! That sounds really good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (Daphne, thank you! T...)
Alina, I have a question for you. The last two times I put eggs in my IP, a few of them have cracked. Do you think that is due to using "high" pressure?

I saw directions on another site that said to use "low" pressure and the "steam" button for 6 minutes and natural release. So, I'm a bit confused.
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (Alina, I have a ques...)
I did manual high pressure 5 minutes, NPR 5 minutes then into ice water. I put them in the rack that came with the IP. I did get a couple of hairline cracks, but it didn't affect the final product at all. I'm going it use the basket that came with my 10 qt. stove top Fagor next time. I feels more secure that the wire rack.

We are having our roof replaced so my sleep times have been weird for the past week, since they start pounding before 6 am. Result is that I'm tired, sleeping in the afternoon and not cooking. Luckily we've had enough leftovers and dining out to take us through tomorrow. Have some ribs to cook in the IP and finish in the grill, as well as another batch of yogurt, some cheesecake and berry compote on the agenda for this weekend. Then they'll start again on Monday.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (I did manual high pr...)
I'm happy to say I have yet to have a problem with doing eggs!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (I'm happy to say I h...)
I think it might be due to the rack I'm using that holds the eggs. It came with an old-fashioned electric steamer that belonged to my aunt. When I used the rack that comes with the IP, I don't think they cracked. Other than that, they come out perfect.
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (I think it might be ...)
So I made Baby Back Ribs for the first time in my life. (FTR, I am a very lazy eater and dislike having to take meat off any bone while I am eating, be it pork, chicken, etc.) I made them in the IP and used a recipe from ATK's Pressure Cooking Perfection. It said 30 minutes with 15 NPR. The bad: they fell off the bone, no way could they be finished in the grill. The good: they tasted great. I used their suggested rub (paprika, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne and chili powder) however, I subbed Spanish smoked paprika for the plain and use half ground ancho chili and half ground chipotle, all Penzeys and left the rub on for almost 48 hours. I also used their recipe for the bbq sauce. It was good, but too much grease for me. It took a
about 1 hour from start to finish counting the 20+ minutes it took for it to come to pressure in the 8 qt. I did 2 racks a bit about 5.5 lbs. We just put a bit of sauce on what we ate and the rest is in the fridge hoping to solidify the fat so I can discard it. If I ever make a rack again, I'll reduce the cooking time so they stay on the bone. Anyway I have this lovely tender pork in bbq sauce that is great over rice (also made in the IP). Nice smoky flavor from the Spanish paprika, ancho and chipotle.

I usually make pork spare ribs using boneless from Costco and do them in the oven (see above). I cook the ribs plain for 30 minutes, discard the fat and then put them back in the oven to finish with my own sauce. I'm going to try to figure out how I can do something similar in the IP because it was so much easier and faster using only 1 pot.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (So I made Baby Back ...)
I wasn't going to trouble myself ( ) by looking for this thread for my little comment, but since it's upfront again...........

I cannot believe how easy it is to peel eggs cooked this way!! Young, old, in between the shells practically fall off. Where the hell was this pot when I was catering?? I sometimes ended up with cuts on my fingertips from shelling eggs. It was awful!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (I wasn't going to tr...)
I agree! Easiest ever.

I'm in the process of tying up a recipe from Emeril's book for Cannellini Bean Stew that sounds really good for a cold weather meal. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post it.
Maryann