Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have 1/2 chicken thawing....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
After our huge brunch yesterday, we stopped at the brand new Lowe's Food on the way home. I thought we'd get some deli items for a chef salad last night. That didn't happen. Still too full!

Anyway, I accepted the challenge to make potato salad and baked beans for forty for an event tomorrow night. I figured I'd get the potato salad done today. So the chef salad was an inspired idea for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (After our huge brunc...)
I'm cooking in large quantity today also, but not for 40 people. Making up a few pans of stuffed cabbages, then into food saver bags to share. So, will probably have some for dinner tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by Mare749 (I'm cooking in large...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
I'm making some chicken tortilla soup with some left over El Pollo Loco chicken.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by Trixxee (I'm making some chic...)
B'fast for dinner is always a treat.

I'm making the saltimbocca chicken breasts, I think! French dips are sounding really good right now.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by losblanos1 (B'fast for dinner is...)
Decided to go simple with a roasted chicken and roasted asparagus - I also have some of that yummy corn left from yesterday!

I love breakfast for dinner - especially waffles
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by cjs (Decided to go simple...)
That corn does sound good, Jean. I went back and copied it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by Mare749 (That corn does sound...)
A neighbor brought us a bottle of his Apple Cider which we opened to have with the chix, corn, asparagus. It's very dry and turned out to be a wonderful match with the chicken and the corn, but the asparagus, not so much.
[Image: May%2023%20Chix%20Corn%20Asparagus%201_zpscamp2be5.jpg]

there is just something about a simple roasted chicken that I just love!!

And, for our snack last night I made an old family favorite. I used to make these almost every time one of our teenagers had a party - a hundred years ago. I'm going to add the leftovers to cooked pasta tomorrow and see how that works. It uses 1 can of so many things, I hate to cut the recipe down, but it's too much for just 2. Maybe a quesadilla filling, an omelet filling....hmmmmmmmmmmm.
[Image: May%2022%20Meximuffin_zpsapthkrmp.jpg]

I hope you like the corn if you get it made, Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/23/16?? by cjs (A neighbor brought u...)
Jean, what is the snack?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.