Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing my Review Dinner today - anxious to try it.
Don't forget the review is due Thursday, the 19th. (why did I chose a Thursday?????????? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I was wondering about the Thursday date the other day. LOL!

I'm transforming my leftover hamburgers into beef stroganoff with peas on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was wondering abou...)
In an effort to get Michael eat more protein, any protein, I'm picking up a small honey baked ham today. Broccoli on the side and I might make corn flake crusted au gratin potatoes, or as my family calls them, "those" potatoes.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16?? by Trixxee (In an effort to get ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
My sister makes "those" potatoes when we get together for family events. Everybody loves them!

I made eggplant parmesan that is all ready to be baked the second time with sauce and cheese. I don't fry it anymore because it soaks up too much oil and oven fry is so easy. Once it's all put together in a casserole and baked, no one knows the difference and we save a couple of calories. So, we'll have that with a side of angel hair and a chopped salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16?? by Mare749 (My sister makes "tho...)
And, I have to be mum for another 2 days!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16?? by cjs (And, I have to be mu...)
Tomorrow is the 19th Jean.

I ended up making Chinese almond chicken last night, so today it's the tarragon cream chicken with asparagus.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/18/16?? by losblanos1 (Tomorrow is the 19th...)
Oh crap - this date has so screwed me up!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Susan, we love that recipe, but usually wind up making the sidebar recipe--the Mongolian BBQ. That is one of John's very favorite recipes.

I'm making SIcilian Pizza with Pepperoni and Spicy Tomato Sauce. I don't have any pecorino romano, so I'm using a mix of parmesan and asiago along with the mozzarella. It's a new recipe and I'm sharing with neighbors, so I hope its good!
My meals are so boring lately, cooking only for Picky since I have no interest in eatting when I get home from work. So, "simple things" like chix and rice, linguica franks, grilled cheese, steak subs, etc. Sad, isn't it, he's missing out on so much Commencement is almost here, then we have to temporarily relocate to another kitchen on campus while our current buildings' refer system is redone, then back to our kitchen in August, then relocating to our new (off campus ) kitchen in January. Sigh. Big sigh. Good news about the new kitchen. Hard to move a kitchen 3 times in six months, though. And we aren't closed for any of this. Moving on Tuesday and I have a lunch order for 200 due at 11 and a BBQ for 186 due at noon. I'm thinking the early retirement might not be a bad idea in 5 years (if they still offer it)
PJ