Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner
  Re: (...)
Posting for Bill - he'll come on and add his notes, too

"These are several pics of our Kentucky Derby 21 club last Sat. You will see people in red, me, Jane ,Her son Eric and many members. We made Steak Diane, garlic mashed potatoes , asparagus ,and ( smoked salmon, three cheese tortellini in a Parmesan cream sauce), and desert of Florida Citrus Pie (grapefruit based )."

Oh, don’t you know they blew everyone’s socks off at their annual Kentucky Derby 21 Club do

[Image: TABLES%201_zpslh0jzmbe.jpg]

Eric, Jane’s son
[Image: Eric%20prepping%202_zpsmkzzry2m.jpg]

Florida Citrus Pie
[Image: Florida%20Citrus%20Pie%203_zpsnbaeqhut.jpg]

Uhhhhh, who knows………..
[Image: Uhhh%20Who%20Knows%204_zpskty95jk8.jpg]

The Buffet
[Image: the%20Buffet%205_zpsue4hbhi7.jpg]

Hostess, Jane, checking things out
[Image: Janes%20Ready%206_zpscegeqj4c.jpg]

Our Bill & Jane
[Image: Bill%20and%20Jane%207_zpse7ycyuqi.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by cjs (Posting for Bill - h...)
What fabulous photos! Everything is so pretty and the buffet looks delicious. Love the hats, what a great idea. Bill and Jane, you two look great! Sounds like a fun evening. Oh, and the pies are gorgeous. I want to hear the story behind the rifle...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by Mare749 (What fabulous photos...)
me, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by cjs (me, too!...)
Jane has bird feeders in the back yard. Wandering cats leap over our nine foot fence and eat the birds. I shoot them in the a$$ to encourage them to leave her birds alone. Its fun to play with a Red Rider (BB gun), especially since I don't duck hunt anymore.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by Old Bay (Jane has bird feeder...)
The buffet was finger sandwiches. pimento cheese, cucumber, and deviled ham. We also served boiled shrimp with cocktail or remoulade sauce. By the way Jane does her own flowers. Very talented lady!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by Old Bay (The buffet was finge...)
Yes, she is as are you all!!! Didn't the 'cheesemonger' make it to this one??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by cjs (Yes, she is as are y...)
Wow, what great photos and fun. Anyone who has a Derby party is A-OK in my book!

GO NYQUIST! I think he has an outstanding chance of winning the Preakness next Saturday.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by Trixxee (Wow, what great phot...)
Everything is gorgeous! You guys look great! And those pies look outstanding!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Everything is gorgeo...)
I just love a man who compliments his talented wife!!

Many years ago, my ex-sister-in-law's grandmother used to shoot "the coots" that liked to eat the oranges off her trees. It was pretty funny watching this old German lady running out into the backyard with her BB gun and start shooting. Not sure what kind of bird a coot is or if they are even called that, but they were large black birds.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Annual Derby Dinner by Mare749 (I just love a man wh...)
Funny story, Bill and Maryann!

We have a small black waterfowl here called a Coot.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.