T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16??
  Re: (...)
Watch out for the black cats!! What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have all these new cooking tools - have the Sous vide and Tracie gave me a Searzall for Mom's Day - but, all I want to do is grill! What decisions to have to make.

So, since it'll be 74° today, the little roast I was going to use the above for, I'm putting on the grill and serve with a Green Peppercorn sauce and grilled Sweet Potatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by cjs (Watch out for the bl...)
Sounds good, Jean.

I haven't decided about dinner just yet. Might make banh mi rolls and use them for meatball subs. Have some meatballs l/o to use. That's sounding better and better.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by Mare749 (Sounds good, Jean. [...)
I have yet to make these rolls. Got to get my behind in gear!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by cjs (I have yet to make t...)
Grillin here also! A big fat rib-eye that I'll turn into a bistecca steak sandwich and salad style bistecca for the missus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by losblanos1 (Grillin here also! A...)
O.K., I've put it off long enough - I can't remember if I've made the Bistecca Sandwich, but that's what I'll do with some of the l/o roast!!! Thanks for the idea, Blane.

Just did a search and found this on a thread for this sandwich Laura had posted 1/21/08 -- AND, it was in this thread I ask if Joe & Maggie were her children or grandchildren..................... my only excuse - I didn't know her very well yet.

"Just looked at the recipe in the magazine - I made this for Father's day 6/18/06 and wrote 'wonderful' on it, so I guess I agree with you."

Daphne, aren't you supposed to remember these things???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by cjs (O.K., I've put it of...)
Tony's taking a break from the grill for a couple of weeks. The last few things he made he over cooked, including burning the only two hamburger buns we had in the house the other night. Oh well, who needs a bun?

I am making Jean's ground beef fried rice. One of easiest yet tastiest recipes in my arsenal.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by Trixxee (Tony's taking a brea...)
I eat mine without a bun often!

Oh Jean! I told I'm slipping! LOL!

Speaking of hamburger buns, I'm doing burgers and potato planks on the grill. Keeping it simple tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I eat mine without a...)
I do too, if we're having something else with it. In this case it was a burger patty with a slice of cheese. That's it. I was starving by 8:00pm LOL.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by Trixxee (I do too, if we're h...)
Bless your heart, Trixxee! You're right, I usually have sides with mine. As a matter of fact I was excited to make up a bowl of potato salad today. BUT, I called William at 3 to warn him about a small storm headed his way. He was having a late lunch. Asked him what he was eating...Loco Jo Cheese Burger! They're HUGE!

Sooooooo, dinner switch! Luckily I'm planned and shopped out through Tuesday, so I swapped out Chicken Ramen Stir Fry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th) Dinner, 5/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, Tr...)
*****WARNING**** - if after 48 years of your partner sneering and turning up his/her nose at you eating the crispy melt in your mouth beef fat…..be very careful! After all this time, Roy couldn’t stand it and joined me in this feast and he outdid me. We didn’t eat much of the meat, but we cleaned up on this fat!! THIS FAT:
[Image: May%2013%20beautiful%20roasted%20steak%2...9es0rz.jpg]

The roast grilled perfectly!!
[Image: may%2013%20008_zpsaadxxq4p.jpg]

darn, after all these years, he now eats pizza crust, bread dipped in beef juices, chicken hearts…so many things he never did when I met him!!! In my next life………………
www.achefsjourney.com