Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16??
  Re: (...)
It just hit me last night that today is Cinco de Mayo today!!! Darn - first time in years I haven't planned a dinner for one of my favorite days.

We'll be on the road tomorrow so I need to make travel food today. Meatloaf for sandwiches and a salad of some sort.

What's on the menu for everyone else???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by cjs (It just hit me last ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
I am making these shrimp tacos from Closet Cooking. I can make the jalapeno cream sauce this morning to speed things along.

http://www.closetcooking.com/2014/07/cil...asted.html
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by Trixxee (I am making these sh...)
Everything sounds good! I stumbled across the Ravioli Lasagna from issue 47 the other day, and it looked so cute! So that's dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everything sounds go...)
Well, we're not having anything fancy here, but we are having old school tacos tonight and Corona with a lime.

Also was thinking of doing a refried bean dish that was part of one of our dinner reviews that we really liked.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by Mare749 (Well, we're not havi...)
Everything does sound good.

We're having Cubanos with tater tots.

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Cubano
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by losblanos1 (Everything does soun...)
Oh yes! Love those.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by cjs (Oh yes! Love those....)
We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo with Honey-Lime Chicken Fajitas with the accompanying grilled corn from C@H 69. It's one of my favorites.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/5/16?? by karyn (We are celebrating C...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Sadly, this morning I discovered my ramekins were not the right size....way too small. I was so looking forward to a cute presentation. Serving it up from a casserole was a sad mess, so no picture tonight.

Funny thing, I got curious why I chose this recipe and did a search. Come to find out, it was because Blane had it in his list of favorites that I checked into last week for menu planning. When I discovered that, I also saw where Jean had the accompanimg salad dressing on her list. So I tried that, too. That was William's favorite part of dinner. We loved everything about dinner!

Another winner! I love that it can be made ahead. Just pop it in the oven when you're ready to eat.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.