Pork Tenderloin Recipe
  Re: (...)
I'm cruising through the magazines and my books for a recipe. They are BOGO this week, so I thought that would be a nice change from so much beef and chicken. So if you have a good recipe, or C@H Issue where I could find one, let me know. I'm looking more savory less sweet for this one, and I did the Proscuitto Wrapped and Marsala recipes recently.

Anyway, as an aside, I had to chuckle when I came across the Breaded Pork Tenderloin recipe in Issue 95. I will never forget William goading me into getting a similar dish at Loco Joe's a few years ago. But the dang thing was made from a WHOLE tenderloin! It was HUGE! But the flavor was great, and it was really crispy! I think I posted a picture of it on here. LOL! Did anybody make that?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (I'm cruising through...)
We really liked this one -
Chili Pork Tenderloin*****

From C@H Cuisine Tonight/Grilling - first made in July 2013, very good! (NOTE: for the two of us, I halved the recipe and still had leftovers!)

1/4 cup honey
1 Tbs chili powder
Juice of lime
2 pork tenderloins, trimmed (about 1 lb. each)

1. Preheat grill to med-high. Brush grill with oil

2. Combine honey, chili powder, and lime juice in large resealable plastic bag; add tenderloins and marinate 10 minutes.

3. Grill pork, flipping and basting with marinade until cooked to an internal temp. of 145°F., 15-20 min. Remove pork fro grill, tent w foil, and let rest 10 min. before slicing into 1 1/2-inch pieces. (NOTE: for the two of us, I halved the recipe and still had leftovers!)

4. makes 4 servings

Tips
Roasted at 375° approx. 30 minutes - basted after 15 min. Also, used Saffron Honey from Tracie

---
It's been a while - must have been raining for me not to have grilled it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by cjs (We really liked this...)
Made this Island Pork Tenderloin salad many times many years ago. It seems like a lot of ingredients, but when you break it down it really isn't that bad - other than the produce, it's all pantry items.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...lad-108103
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by Trixxee (Made this Island Por...)
Jean, I'll consider that one, but I think I have a use for one of them. I remembered the Japanese Fried Pork recipe I've made a time or two. It was really good, and there was a lot of crunch! And now I think about it, I remember how good the broth was! As for the second tenderloin, I realized I should save it for your Birthday Dinner Review! DUH!

Thanks Trixxee! I have made the C@H recipe of a dish similar to this one, and we liked it. But I'm wanting something a little more savory.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'll consider ...)
This one is soo good. You don't need to do the creamed corn or chutney, though it is lovely as a company dinner. My adaptation below, original in link at bottom.
ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CREAMED CORN AND APPLE-CRANBERRY CHUTNEY*****

I used a little more garlic and marinated it from Friday (4:00 am) to Sunday eve (6:00pm). I cooked it for 20 minutes in a regular oven and rested it for 10 minutes.

Oven Temperature: 400°F

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 48 hours and 30 minutes
Total Time: 49 hours

2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
8 garlic cloves
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
2 shallots
3 tsp. kosher salt
1½ tsp. ground black pepper
15 TBS. olive oil divided (¾ cup + 3 TBS.)
2 12- to 14-ounce pork tenderloins, trimmed

Combine first 6 ingredients in processor and chop finely. Blend in oil. Transfer marinade to glass baking dish. Add pork tenderloins to marinade, turning to coat. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 48 hours if possible, if not for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 3 TBS. oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork from marinade. Add pork to skillet and sauté until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and roast pork until a meat thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F, about 20 minutes. Let rest closely tented in heavy duty foil for 10 minutes.

Serve with Cream Corn and Apple-Cranberry Chutney.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Bon Appetit, Main Dish, Mint, Pork, Shallots

Source: Bon Appétit March 2003
Web Page: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...-Chutney-107862

It is a toss between the two. My 3rd favorite has a sweet pear sauce.
SPANISH CRUSTED ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN*****

Crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside, this pork tenderloin gets sultry flavor from smoked paprika, almonds, and Madeira. I doubled the garlic, wine and used fully rounded measures of the Penzey's Spanish paprika. I used my mini FP to grind the TJ's toasted almonds and then chopped the garlic together with the rosemary. The latter cooked together first then I added the rest of the coating. I used a small Pyrex baking dish to mix the liquids, rolled the tenderloin in it then poured the coating, pressed rolled and poured some more. I used regular oven per the recipe, but will use full convection next time to crisp the crust a bit more. Does not need a sauce, but would pair nicely with Romesco.

The Spanish Crusted Roast Pork Tenderloin was fantastic.It was nice and juicy and did not need a sauce. We had it with baked potatoes and used the crust that fell of the loins onto the dish on the baked potatoes and peas and corn. Yummy.

Oven Temperature: 425°F

Servings: 8
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 (main course)

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

4 TBS. olive oil, divided
6 garlic cloves, pulsed in mini fp or minced
¾ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted, cooled, and coarsely ground in a food processor
4 tsp. rosemary, pulsed in mini fp with garlic or finely chopped
2½ tsp. fully rounded tsps. pimentón (smoked paprika), divided
4 TBS. Madeira
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins

Preheat oven to 425°F regular or can use full convection to crisp crust with rack in middle.

Use a FP to grind the TJ's toasted almonds, and then chop the garlic together with the rosemary.

Heat 2 TBS. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté garlic with rosemary until pale golden, about 30 seconds. Stir in panko, almonds, ½ tsp. pimentón, ¼ tsp. salt, and ⅛ tsp. pepper. Transfer to a large plate.

Stir together Madeira, remaining 2 TBS. oil and 2 tsp. pimentón, and ¼ tsp. each of salt and pepper in a small Pyrex baking dish to mix the liquids. Pat pork dry and then roll the tenderloin in the mixture...Pour the ⅓ of the coating over the pork, press, roll the pork and then pour another third, pressing gently to adhere, then sprinkle tops with remaining crumbs.

Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into meat registers 145 to 150°F, about 20 minutes. (Check after 10 minutes to see if crumbs are getting too dark; if they are, tent loosely with foil.) Transfer pork to a cutting board. Tent loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Recipe Type: Almonds, BEST, Epicurious, Fresh Rosemary, Gourmet, Main Dish, Meat, Pork

Source: Gourmet December 2008
Web Page: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...oin-350903

Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by Cubangirl (This one is soo good...)
Now I really need to get some more pork!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by cjs (Now I really need to...)
Thanks, Alina! The one with almonds looks especially good!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Alina! The ...)
Some of my favorites include: Pork Tenderloin with Plum Chutney - its hard to go wrong with pork wrapped in pork...

Dry-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Fire Roasted Salsa - This is a great one when all of your tomatoes come in at the same time!

And, probably my all-time favorite is
Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cherry-Port Sauce with Onions and Marmalade. However, this is really more of a fall/winter dish. I'm really in favor of grilling when the weather is so gorgeous!
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by karyn (Some of my favorites...)
I'm going to have to look up some of my ***** pork tenderloin recipes...............
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin Recipe by cjs (I'm going to have to...)
Thanks, Karyn! That first one really looks like a strong contender! Who doesn't love pork on pork!
Daphne