Bang Bang Shrimp - for Maryann
  Re: (...)
***Edited to add more - can you believe how many recipes I have for this dish saved?? I think I'll put this in a separate thread instead of 'Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16" where Maryann requested it and add them all!!

Maryann, here's the recipe you requested -
Bonefish Grill's Bang-Bang Shrimp - Copycat recipe

Maryann and Daphne both go to the restaurant for this dish and both love it.
Blane, this is the one I always use. Is it anything like the one you found? BTW, I don't toss the shrimp around in the sauce any more because it doesn't stay crispy. So, we just dip and like that better.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
3 drops Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (or to taste)
1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
Dry cornstarch
oil for frying
lettuce
chopped scallions

1. Mix mayonnaise with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Add hot sauce to taste. Dredge the shrimp in cornstarch. Deep fat fry the shrimp until lightly brown. Drain on paper towel, put in a bowl and coat with the sauce. Serve in a lettuce lined bowl, top with chopped scallions.

Source: cdkitchen.com

-----

For heaven's sakes, this must be where I got the idea for the Thai Sweet Chili sauce/mayo mix that I always use on my fish sandwiches - in fact what I used yesterday for the 'Cloud bread' fishcake sandwich.

--------
Also saved in M.C. (which means much older saves than the above)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bang Bang Shrimp - Maryann posted this 12/18/11

1 lb. medium shrimp -- peeled and deveined
--------
For the sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce -- such as Sriracha sauce (4 to 5)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
------
For the egg mixture:
1 egg -- beaten
1 cup milk
-------
For the breading mixture:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
------
For frying:
8 cups vegetable oil -- (8 to 12)

Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; cover and set aside.
Combine beaten egg with milk in shallow bowl; set aside.
Combine flour, panko, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and basil in another shallow bowl; set aside.

Bread the shrimp by first coating each with the breading mixture. Dip breaded shrimp into the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the breading. Arrange the coated shrimp on a plate and pop them into the fridge for at least 20 minutes. This step will help the breading to stick on the shrimp when they are frying.

Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Use amount of oil required by your fryer. When oil is hot, fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on rack or paper towels.

When all shrimp has been fried, drop the shrimp into a large bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup of sauce over shrimp and stir gently to coat.

Description:
"Maryann - Okay, since I can't get a flight to Blane's house by dinner time, we decided to make "Bang Bang Shrimp" a copycat recipe from the Bonefish Grill appetizer menu. I've actually never had it, but my daughters both love it, so it sounded fun."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Oh, will probably make an Asian slaw to go with. 2-4 as an appetizer

---------
* Exported from MasterCook *

Bonefish Grill's Bang-Bang Shrimp (Copycat Recipe)

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
3 drops Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (or to taste)
1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp
Dry cornstarch
oil for frying
lettuce
chopped scallions

Mix mayonnaise with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Add hot sauce to taste. Dredge the shrimp in cornstarch. Deep fat fry the shrimp until lightly brown. Drain on paper towel, put in a bowl and coat with the sauce. Serve in a lettuce lined bowl, top with chopped scallions.

Source: "cdkitchen.com" Maryann posted

Daphne: re the above shrimp recipe - It was so good! I found what I think is the sauce for the Calimari on their site! I can't imagine the sauce they use for the grilled fish to be different from the dipping sauce, but then I did think I noted peanut butter....just a little , and lime zest in the dipping sauce. I may email the restaurant and ask......

Bonefish Grill Pan Asian Sauce - 8 servings

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup oyster sauce
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro

In a medium sauce pan, sautee the minced ginger in the olive oil until fragrant. In a bowl, thoroughly combine the soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce, lemon juice and water and add to sauté pan. Bring the mixture to a slow boil, then slowly add sugar over low-med heat for about 5 minutes. If desired, add a little hot water to the sauce to thin it.

Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Restaurant Recieps III

Description:
"Maryann's family loves this!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Take your pick!!

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bang Bang Shrimp - for Maryann by cjs (***Edited to add mor...)
Thanks, Jean, it's a keeper.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bang Bang Shrimp - for Maryann by Mare749 (Thanks, Jean, it's a...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Susan, that is my preferred recipe for bang-bang shrimp. Very easy and the breading is light and crispy. Like Jean, I do not toss it in the sauce. We prefer to dip.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."