Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Leftover Hawaiian chicken here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I copied down that recipe and want to make that sometime soon.

Butterflying a kosher chicken, stuffing the skin with a compound butter and roasting over sliced potatoes. Need to have leftovers for later this week.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by BarbaraS (I copied down that r...)
Carylann is making pork chops in a mushroom cream sauce, I'm making asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by losblanos1 (Carylann is making p...)
We are supposed to have pizza, but William has lured me to Southport for the day with the promise of a late lunch at the restaurant of my choice either there or in Wilmington. So that will probably push pizza to tomorrow. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by losblanos1 (Carylann is making p...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Another day of great sounding menus.

I'm planning to do my birthday dinner today IF it doesn't rain and IF Ron starts feeling better. He has had a horrendous cold since we got back from vaca.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by Mare749 (Another day of great...)
that's really hanging on to him, Maryann! Hope he feels better soon.

Just went thru the freezers and made lists - don't know why I always feel so deprived 'freezer diving' when I have so many wonderful goodies in them waiting, waiting Guess it's just not cooking from scratch for so long.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by cjs (that's really hangin...)
We should have something celebratory since the RV will be sold in about 2 hours but I don't feel like running to the store so it may be freezer diving lasagna. We'll see.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by Trixxee (We should have somet...)
Congratulations, Trixxee. I'm sure that's a relief since you were ready to sell. Do any of your restaurants deliver?

Yes, this cold has really taken over, Jean. Don't know how I have missed it. He did go to the doctor last week, but was told it's viral and that antibiotics won't help. It's been 2 weeks already.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/23/16?? by Mare749 (Congratulations, Tri...)
It sure has hung on, Maryann! I hope it soon passes.

Congratulations, Trixxee! I know this is a relief, but I'm sure it was also bittersweet.

UGH! I decided to go to Bonefish Grill. It's been a while. Of course, we had to start with the Bang Bang Shrimp. William got a large Chef Salad with grilled salmon. I got the Rockefeller Atlantic Cobia. It was very good. Sorry, no pictures. Anyway, since we didn't start eating until about 3, and we were so full, we decided to put off pizza to tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.