Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016
  Re: (...)
Wow! Now, this is an issue reminiscent of the old issues where every page was a winner. I'd like to start at page one and go from there.

I can't even decide what I want to do first - maybe the Halibut Picatta... or the Greek Chicken cutlets. Fun issue
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by cjs (Wow! Now, this is an...)
It really is a winner. Is anyone up for a Birthday dinner review?
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by losblanos1 (It really is a winne...)
yes!! Maryann and I have b'days coming up in May - have to check who else. PJ, but she is AWOL! OOOOPS, and Barbara!!

Maryann, if you start, we can work us all in before the end of May.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by cjs (yes!! Maryann and I ...)
Sure would save me having to decide what to make first! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by Gourmet_Mom (Sure would save me h...)
I ordered hickory smoked salt. Just in case.
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by losblanos1 (I ordered hickory sm...)
I will be happy to start the b-day reviews! Just happen to have smoked salt although I don't know which recipe calls for it. Will go through the new issue today and pick something to post by tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by Mare749 (I will be happy to s...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Yay Maryann!! You always pick winners.

The smoked salt is for the Hawaiian-style pulled pork.

Susan, that's pretty much my list.
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by losblanos1 (Yay Maryann!! You al...)
Well, how did I manage to be the first with a review of an issue??

Greek chicken cutlets with Tomatoes & Olives is a wonderful dish and so quick and easy. I must admit I sneaked in a Tablespoon of capers and it worked - even with the lemon juice. For a weeknight dinner (if I still needed them ) this is a perfect one.
[Image: Apr%2017%20Greek%20Chicken%20Cutlets%20p...zmppo0.jpg]

I didn't make the mashed potatoes, with the weather so great, I opted to grill some rosemary potatoes and I also had a little bowtie pasta salad (Greek ingred) so added that also, even if it was overkill with the starches. Still very good flavors together.

I just love when the first recipe tried in an issue/cookbook is good - such a good omen.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Reviews - Issue #117 - June 2016 by cjs (Well, how did I mana...)
Looks good, Jean. I'm planned and shopped out through the first of next week, but this and the burgers will be up first.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.