Fried Egg and Pasta!!
  Re: (...)
This is what we had for our snack last night - so good and so easy. Always leftovers from our snacks, so it was good for a breakfast also.

Weekday Magic – Fried Eggs & Pasta. All this dish is is smashed garlic sautéed in olive oil, remove the garlic, fry eggs just until yolks are still soft; add freshly cooked & drained pasta and toss altogether. Options – sprinkle with lots of black pepper, shredded Parmesan or maybe a few peas. 15 minute dinner. (a poor man's Carbonara, maybe?? )

[Image: Apr%209%20Pasta%20with%20fried%20egg_zps1kbehl1w.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! by cjs (This is what we had ...)
That sounds pretty good, Jean!

Now I want carbonara! But the way I like it is way too rich. William would have a heart attack just looking at it! When something is that good, he can't seem to exercise self control.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds pretty g...)
I don't blame him!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! by cjs (I don't blame him!...)
Jean, thanks so much for this recipe because it's incredibly quick and easy AND delicious! We had a busy morning and I made it for lunch (and, judging by my husband's reaction, did not make nearly enough). I gave it more of a garlic punch by smashing, then roughly chopping, the garlic, and only removing half after it was sauteed in olive oil; then I added spinach and dried red pepper flakes, too. Awesome! [Image: IMG_3440%201024x682_zpskltps6hu.jpg]

I used brown rice pasta, that's why it isn't the lovely golden color of yours...
  Re: Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! by foodfiend (Jean, thanks so much...)
I'm so glad you both liked it!! How easy can a dinner get, huh? Love the additions, also. I've been making notes on the original to add......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! by cjs (I'm so glad you bot...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Love pasta and eggs! Yum!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! by luvnit (Love pasta and eggs!...)
This sounds like a super easy meal for those "what do I make for dinner tonite" days! I love the idea of adding the spinach and red pepper flakes, although the pepper flakes might not be kid friendly at my house. I can see them now, nose wrinkled, "too spicy Memaw!"

Liked the idea of roasted red peppers in there too!