T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Freezer searching today for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The Blue Potato Salad was so good the other day, but the whole time, I kept thinking how good it would be with a little bacon. So instead of twice baked potatoes tonight, I'm going to take my leftover salad and add bacon, green onions, and a little more cheese on top for a twice baked potato casserole. That will be my side for my steak with Essential Steak Sauce. (Thanks Blane!). A big salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (The Blue Potato Sala...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Susan, have you tried the Orange Glazed Salmon? It's one of my favorites!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Susan, have you trie...)
Well, I guess I'm going fusion - I have cabbage, corned beef, Swiss cheese, but, no bread/rolls. But, I do have tortillas!

So, Rueben tacos here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by cjs (Well, I guess I'm go...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Susan, it's in the second Cuisine for Two book. Since you said you were now starting to acquire the special publications, I'll post it for you in case you don't have that one. And if you don't have those two volumes, I strongly suggest them. From just that one, I've made at least ten dishes.

Orange-Glazed Salmon

Ingredients
2 teaspoons Cajun spice (Maybe less to prevent it from being too salty)
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
pinch Kosher salt (leave this out if Cajun spice is salty)
2 boneless skinless fresh salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons orange marmalade
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
Lime wedges

Preparation
Combine Cajun spice, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Rub mixture over all surfaces of fillets. Sauté fillets in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn fish and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.

Blend marmalade and lime juice in a small bowl; add to pan with salmon. Swirl mixture in pan until marmalade is melted. Carefully turn fish to coat all sides with the glaze. (Or spoon over...this worked for me) Fish is done when it begins to flake with a fork.

Serve fillets with lime wedges.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Susan, it's in the s...)
We are having french dips before the guys head over to the Angel game. I don't think I'm going to make it. I am unbelievably tired after being on my feet for two straight whole days at Disney.

Before they go though we will have a cookies and cream ice cream cake for Michael's birthday (today is the actual day).

I think I will enjoy the solitude with a glass of wine and a couple of episodes of Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg, wait for me!!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by Trixxee (We are having french...)
You're welcome Daphne, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and you're right about the Cuisine for Two Vol 2 book.

Happy Birthday to Michael.

I'm solo for dinner, so it's an Italian grinder with fries.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/8/16?? by losblanos1 (You're welcome Daphn...)
Blane, as much as I love my Horseradish Sauce, the Essential Steak Sauce was nice for a change. Thanks!

But the star tonight was my doctored up Blue Potato Salad! OMG!

[Image: 4ee32377682bc2aa137e8bb14a8de867.jpg]
Daphne