Birthday List....... :)
  Re: (...)
I have been asked to QUIT BUYING THINGS!!! in no uncertain terms and now I have to make a list because I've gotten all the toys I've been wanting.

One thing I would love to have (and don't know why I haven't gotten one yet) is a spiral cutter. Does anyone have one they would recommend?? I don't want a Mickey Mouse one, but a sturdy well-working one.

Thanks. Now, I have to think of some more things to put on the list.....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Birthday List....... :) by cjs (I have been asked to...)
Jean, do you still have your floor mat for the kitchen? I found a cool one you can change the length. It's on my wish list.

I also want one of those magnetic knife strips. I've been hearing a lot about how unsanitary a knife block is. I'll try to think of more ideas. But the spiralizer is not something I've looked into.....yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, do you still h...)
My mother always had the magnetic strip for her knives and they scared the bejesus out of me - I was sure I would grab at a bad spot.

Roy built me a wonderful knife holder - good project for William......
[Image: apr20720001_zpsfs9hazll.jpg]

Ignore the wood it's made with - I wasn't willing to wait for the remodeling to have a holder again. He has had to build them in every kitchen. The bottom is open, so no problem with cleanliness.

I do still have the floor mat and I love them. Keep thinking................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by cjs (My mother always had...)
Got a pot rack you love? I adore my pot rack/light fixture. Granted, I desperately needed the light fixture over my island.

What about pricey ingredients you would save up to purchase like caviar, alligator, duck, etc.?

Got anything wearing out that you could pass down to them and they could replace?

Got a nice paella pan?

What about the kettle grill with the pizza oven insert?

Got any remodeling/garden or green house items they could chip in on?

Don't forget the counter top microwave convection oven.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by Gourmet_Mom (Got a pot rack you l...)
Are you talking about a spiralizer? If so this one is great. spiralizer
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by Cubangirl (Are you talking abou...)
Ha! I gave in on the convection/microwave last month! Couldn't stand having just one oven. good ideas, Daphne.

Yes, Alina, that one looks like it could do the job, that's for sure.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by cjs (Ha! I gave in on the...)
Jean! You're terrible! Poor Tracie and Matt!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by Gourmet_Mom (Jean! You're terrib...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Birthday List....... :) by cjs (I have been asked to...)
I have a mickey mouse spiralizer (cheapo from WalMart) but don't use it much. I should, and having that lovely Kitchen Aid model would certainly give me incentive, but it's a bit too pricey.

How's the micro/ convection oven working out for you?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Birthday List....... :) by foodfiend (I [i]have[/i] a mick...)
I'm loving it! And, still learning about it.
www.achefsjourney.com