My recent cooking adventures...
  Re: (...)
First, welcome to Susan!

I haven't been around much lately, but have been lurking for the occasional menu ideas.

The "entertaining bug" has bit me! A couple of weeks ago I had 2 couples for dinner on a Saturday then, on Sunday, another couple. You know, I've read that it's easier to entertain on back-to-back weeks since your home is clean and you're in "the mood", but I now don't believe it. That was tough, because I had to put away all of the stuff from the evening before, clean a little, and prep dinner for that evening.

Anyway, we left for almost 2 weeks to visit my family for Easter, then to the lake house to get some things done there (put away Christmas decorations because it has been that long!), and just returned yesterday.

As I get the recipes I used for these dinners typed and filed, because I am SO behind on paperwork, I will post. There were a couple of winners.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: My recent cooking adventures... by foodfiend (First, welcome to Su...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
anxious for some new ideas!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My recent cooking adventures... by cjs (anxious for some new...)
Hi Vicci. I just got home from vacation, so might not be on here regularly for a few more days, but I would love to hear about your entertaining ideas.

I'm so happy that you are settling into your new home and enjoying new friends!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My recent cooking adventures... by Mare749 (Hi Vicci. I just got...)
Welcome Home, MS!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My recent cooking adventures... by cjs (Welcome Home, MS!!!!...)
Welcome home, Maryann! Rest up and then come back to share pictures and details!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My recent cooking adventures... by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome home, Maryan...)
:-)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura