Online Dinner #4
  Re: (...)
Okay foodies...here we are! Another scrumptious online meal to try.

8 LAYER LASAGNA, Iss 43, Feb. 2004
Page 24.

If you need the recipe, just ask!!

Dinner has to be fixed and <font color="fushia">critiques turned in by Monday, April 24th!

HAPPY COOKING!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Online Dinner #4 by Bizymomma (Okay foodies...here ...)
I'm hungry already...and I have the issue so I'm o.k.

Someone mention making Cynthia's bread to go with this - for the 'newbies' who haven't seen the recipe - here 'tis.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...age=1#Post17286
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by cjs (I'm hungry already.....)
I was thinking of an Italian style salad, with spinach, romaine, tomato,arugula(if avail.)slivered carrots dressed with balsamic vinegar and herbs&spices (basil, oreg, garlic pwd. with asiago cheese grated on top. It seemed like a complimentary side to me and the dressing is great to dip your bread in. What kinds of sides were you all thinking of? What wines to pair it with?
Cynthia
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by farnfam (I was thinking of an...)
a Barbera would be great with this - it's so rustic, it does need a wine that will stand up to it - a Cab also would be nice, or a Cab/Merlot blend.

I'm anxious to hear what others would serve with it - wine wise...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by cjs (a Barbera would be g...)
I'm not a wine connoisseur--so I'm happy with suggestions you all make!!! We have all of those available here--YAHOO!!---so will go with the common thread!!

I kinda think this particular dish would require a red--but what do I know!!?!! I have the impression that y'all are serving that as well---your short descriptions lead me to that!! Tell me if I'm wrong on that!!!

Can't wait to hear your comments with respect to the overall MENU.

I will serve simple green salad with a light vinaigrette and Cynthia's garlic bread---I will be preparing over the week-end--looking forward to an incredible taste sensation!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Online Dinner #4 by Bizymomma (Okay foodies...here ...)
OK Angela, I need the recipe please Nevermind, I printed it from the Archive...it is Lasagna with Bolognese Sauce isn't it?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by bjcotton (OK Angela, I need th...)
The recipe is posted here (just go down the page a bit):

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...age=3#Post17625

Does this mean you'll be joining us after all?
Tammy
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by TwilightKitten (The recipe is posted...)
Guess I'll have to pass on this one. My sis made a lasagna Friday and there's still some left. She and her husband both indicated they just didn't want anymore lasagna yet. Party poopers!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by bjcotton (Guess I'll have to p...)
Crack that whip Sweetie and tell 'em they'll eat it or else! Who can have to much Lasagna. Aren't you the king of the kitchen?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Online Dinner #4 by Harborwitch (Crack that whip Swee...)
Ok, I'm making my lasagna tonight but I have a question... The recipe calls for a 9x13x3" pan, but mine is only 2". I have another pan that is 3" but bigger than 9x13. So, my question is did all of you have a 3" pan and if not, what did you use? Thanks!
Tammy