Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

New stove is here, but not hooked up, so one more day of freezer diving.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sherry Braised Beef Short Ribs.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237320/sher...hort-ribs/

I got boneless short ribs this time. The bone-in ones had waaaaay too much fat on them.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by BarbaraS (Sherry Braised Beef ...)
We are going to our favorite furniture store today which is an hour away, so might not be cooking today. Some really smart person opened a great bar/restaurant next door which is beneficial to both parties.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by Mare749 (We are going to our ...)
Have fun, Maryann! Sounds like my kind of day! Are you looking for something specific, or just looking?

I'm thinking of doing the Chicken Ramen Stir Fry again. White extra veggies, it's pretty figure friendly.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Maryann! ...)
Whoopee! Stove hooked up and I'm back in business!! going to find something to cook on/in it right now.

Also, mulled over for one day whether to buy the convection/microwave Vicci recommended.... it will be delivered Tuesday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by cjs (Whoopee! Stove hooke...)
New Toy Day!!! Have fun!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by Mare749 (We are going to our ...)
I love when that happens!! Happy Hunting!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/27/16?? by BarbaraS (I love when that hap...)
Very simple, but so good and all in my new oven! Oven=fried chicken thighs, Twice-baked potato and a green salad with Japanese Onion, Ginger & Carrot Dressing. (I started a new thread for the review of the dressing.)
www.achefsjourney.com