Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers of the slow cooker beef stir-fry here. I sure did a turn-around on this dish. I wasn't the least impressed when I first tried it after it was done. I had bought a packet of McCormick's Sesame Chicken Stir Fry sauce (as part of my easy prep dinner ideas) and ehhh, flavors so-so. But after sitting over night we had it yesterday over quinoa and it was darn tasty! I would buy again to have on hand.

[Image: Cooking_Sauces_SesameStirFry_Products_47...js8u4s.png]

Slow Cooker Beef Stir Fry
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm not saying yet. If I do, William will hijack my idea again. But it will have chicken in it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not saying yet. ...)
I'm going to Asia Foods today, so will probably bring home goodies from there. Very likely will be banh mi for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by Mare749 (I'm going to Asia Fo...)
Beef brisket tacos and spanish rice. Homemade guacamole.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by Trixxee (Beef brisket tacos a...)
So we have been eating heavy lately, too. So I gave him two light chicken choices.....Lite Lemon Chicken (the one I've been trying to make for a week) and the Chicken Taco Salad. He picked the salad. I don't know what the man has against lemons! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (So we have been eati...)
Daphne - when Tony balks at something I really want to make or try I just make it for myself for lunch. Then I don't have to be deprived or annoyed.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by Trixxee (Daphne - when Tony b...)
Fish burgers or fish tacos or fish n' chips with French fries or tater tots or onion rings.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by losblanos1 (Fish burgers or fish...)
We're having a Thai-style chicken pizza with caramelized onions, chicken, chili sauce and three cheeses. It's an adaptation of an old Bon Apetite recipe that John has finally decided is craveable. It's been a favorite of mine for years. I'm serving it with a terrific Brussels sprouts slaw.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by karyn (We're having a Thai-...)
Karyn, your complex meals blow my mind knowing what your schedule must be! Hats off to you!

Trixxee, that's a good idea! I may try that!

I'll save my review of dinner for tomorrow, I'll explain later.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, your complex ...)
Thanks, Daphne, but it was actually a freezer-diving meal...the chicken, onions, and dough just needed thawing. All I had to do last night was grate some cheese, chop some cilantro and make the pizza. See...not so impressive. Whenever a dinner is freezable (and tons are) I make enough for two dinners. It makes cooking much easier during the week!