Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm playing with 3 new recipes today and from the looks of them, I'll probably follow to a tee the first time.
a Flank steak stir-fry using a packet of McCormicks Sesame Chicken Stir-fry sauce
for our later snack - S.Western Black Beans, Quinoa & Mango Medly
lastly, Steakhouse Black bread slider rolls

Should be an interesting day.

Finally put my stove on Craigslist and on our County's Buy, Sell, Trade site. Hopefully I can get enough out of it to replace with something I won't fight as much as I do this darn thing I have. Fingers crossed
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I had planned to try to make the Lite Lemon Chicken dinner again tonight, but AGAIN, William is vetoing me. He's been talking about cooking a Boston Butt for days. I guess it's BBQ tonight?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned to try...)
Ina's perfect chicken with broccolini
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by Roxanne 21 (Ina's perfect chicke...)
Good luck Jean.

I'm with William!

Lunch is pina colada shrimp with a pineapple-rum dipping sauce and dinner, which I've been looking forward to all week, is an Italian grinder.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by losblanos1 (Good luck Jean.[br][...)
Finally making Blane's bacon wrapped prawns. Found some nice large ones at Costco this morning. Sides are corn on the cob and spanish rice or just one of the other. Both might be too much.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by Trixxee (Finally making Blane...)
Well, I'm pleased 2 out of three are great - and, we haven't tasted the third one yet.

The Steakhouse Black bread slider rolls are out of this world. But, I made them too big - 4 oz. - will make 3 oz next batch. So looking forward to Corned Beef/kraut/swiss sliders

This salad - S.Western Black Beans, Quinoa & Mango Medly. I'll gladly post recipes if anyone interested.
[Image: Feb%2020%20Mango%20Quinoa%20salad%20w%20...ew8ly9.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by cjs (Well, I'm pleased 2 ...)
Looks good, Jean!

I came on to post that I'm dying over here! William is cooking the butts in the oven and the smell is killing me! I'm trying to read, and I'm so distracted, I found myself reading the same paragraph over and over!

Also, I forgot to mention that I'm using a new slaw recipe for me. I've made it three times already. William loves it. It's quite different from what I grew up with. Ours was always shredded lettuce with just mayo, a splash of vinegar, salt and pepper. This is a KFC copycat recipe. Super easy and yummy!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks good, Jean![br...)
This one Daphne??

* Exported from MasterCook *
KFC Coleslaw recipe

8 cups finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
1/4 cup diced carrot
2 tablespoons minced onions
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Cabbage and carrots must be finely diced. (I use fine shredder disc on food processor) .

Pour cabbage and carrot mixture into large bowl and stir in minced onions.

Using regular blade on food processor process remaining ingredients until smooth.

Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.

------
I've made their beans also, we like them.

* Exported from MasterCook *
KFC BBQ BAKED BEANS

2 15 oz. white beans, canned
2 tbsps water
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c dark brown sugar
2 tbsps white vinegar
4 tsps minced fresh onion
2 pcs bacon -- cooked & crumbled
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
dash pepper & garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.
Pour entire contents of the beans into a covered casserole dish.

Combine the water w/cornstarch in a small bowl till dissolved. Stir mixture into the beans

Stir the remaining ingred. into the beans & cover the dish.
Bake for 90 min. or till sauce thickens.
Stir every 30 min.
Let beans sit for 5-10 min. after removing them from the oven before serving.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by cjs (This one Daphne??[br...)
That's it, Jean. We really like it. Funny, I found it while looking for videos about using my new mandolins to shred cabbage. To be honest, I was reluctant to try it. In the video, the guy cut the cabbage in chunks and put 2/3 in the food processor with the regular blade. Then you pulse it until the cabbage is the right consistancy. Dump and process the rest of the cabbage, chunks of carrot, and chopped onion. Pulse again and proceed with dressing.

You know, you see these videos and think okay? And then they don't work? Shockingly, this one worked perfectly! Lots easier than using the shredder blade. Blew my mind! Done in a couple of minutes! And no frustration when some of the cabbage wants to get between the lid and the blade when using the shredder blade.

I'll have to try the beans, although, the family really likes mine. I start with Bush's Homestyle Onion variety and pretty much add what you have listed minus the water and cornstarch and more onion and bacon. The mustard varies between dried or prepared. Oh, and I put my onion in raw. And bacon slices are raw over the top.

Came back to include the link to the video so you could see the size of the "chunks".
http://youtu.be/x-0ZwT1EGYE
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's it, Jean. We...)
We liked that coleslaw recipe a lot. Haven't made the beans. We buy Bush's also and find they don't need much doctoring.

Almost forgot dinner! We had a busy day again. Katie had a playoff basketball game at 11. Afterwards, I brought Abby and Alyssa home with me to decorate birthday cakes for Katie and for my mother-in-law. We had a family gathering this afternoon with pizza and salad. Tonight, we couldn't decide what we wanted to make, so picked up a rotisseried chicken and potato salad from the deli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."