Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??

I managed to hide 2 of the game day sandwiches, so we'll have them with l/o corn pudding.

By the way the movie was very interesting. I was just graduating from high school while the Gary Powers story was happening so this made it more interesting for me. One thing I did not remember was the side story of the student named Pryer (sp?) also held prisoner. I'm off to google a book about this and find out more.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
I googled this movie yesterday. It sounds like a story William would really be into. Good to know you liked it.

I was so happy to put together a few meals this weekend so I could shop once for several days. Yesterday was my day that I didn't have to go anywhere. Well, dinner was done and the side was prepped, and I went to sit down with a glass of wine. WHAT?!?! NO WINE?!?! Are you kidding? Well, it was late in the day, and I had no dinner plans for the next few days. So I picked up a couple of proteins and veggies at random. So now I have a mystery box situation for the next few days. Off to create.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I googled this movie...)
2 mystery boxes to work on....

It is a great movie! Why has Tom Hanks never won an Oscar???????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by cjs (2 mystery boxes to w...)
Easy one tonight - chicken fajita tacos.

Jean - Hanks has won 2 Oscars.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by Trixxee (Easy one tonight - c...)
oh
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by cjs (oh...)
Yeah, he was in a real sleeper that very few have seen. Forrest Gump.

I think the other one was Philadelphia. I actually thought he won for Castaway but he didn't. Was nominated though.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by Trixxee (Yeah, he was in a re...)
I'll be darned - I've seen both of those and Castaway.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by cjs (I'll be darned - I'v...)
All great movies. Love Tom Hanks.

We have leftover roast beef, so hot roast beef sandwiches, with mashed potatoes and gravy. Another vegetable to be determined shortly.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by cjs (I'll be darned - I'v...)
Too funny!

Do you ever get an idea for a meal, but you can't make it at the time for whatever reason? After that, nothing sounds good? That was my dilemma today. Of the proteins I brought home, William asked me to do something with the ground beef. My first thought was how wonderful the crunch of a taco would be. No taco shells at my house. And I was determined to use what I have here.

Sooooo, tonight we are having old school Salisbury Steak with smashed red potatoes and peas.

But you can bet I will be picking up ingredients for tacos after my doctor's appointment Friday!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Too funny![br][br]Do...)
Did anyone ever watch the TV show 'Bosom Buddies' w/ Tom Hanks?

"Do you ever get an idea for a meal, but you can't make it at the time for whatever reason?"
All the time Daphne.

Tonight it's Chinese almond chicken.