Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have leftovers to use up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, it depends. If William decides to stretch out the Cobra, I'll have him pick up ingredients for the Zuppa Tuscana while he's in town. If not, I have almost all the ingredients for chicken pot pie, even the cooked chicken, except the crust. I'd prefer the soup. The temps are going to be bitter tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, it depends. I...)
Meeting at Santa Anita race track for a beautiful day of horse racing for my sister's birthday. Spending the night at a local Embassy Suites to continue the party.

Eating lunch at the track here. It's on the 5th floor, has a spectacular view of the horses and the San Gabriel mountains.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v...;hspart=mozilla
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by Trixxee (Meeting at Santa Ani...)
Have fun, Trixxee! Sounds like a blast!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Trixxee! ...)
Wow, how fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by cjs (Wow, how fun!!...)
What an awesome day Trixxee.

Tonight's dinner will be the Zuppa Toscana.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by losblanos1 (What an awesome day ...)
Thanks guys. I'm so relieved that I feel somewhat better and that Michael hasn't gotten sick - yet.

Has anyone found that the older they get, the harder just a regular common cold hits you? I have next to no energy.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by Trixxee (Thanks guys. I'm so...)
Welcome to my world, Kid!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by Trixxee (Thanks guys. I'm so...)
Wow Trixxee! Have fun!!

Tonight I'm making V-day dinner for Hubby. Got an 8 oz filet (do you want grain-fed or grass-fed?) from the butcher and a 12 oz tail. Going to try and do both sous vide. I've got jumbo Snow Crab legs for me. Crème Brulee for dessert.

Hubby's going to cut an opening in the lid of my Cambro container I bought to do the sous vide.

Crossing my fingers!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/13/16?? by BarbaraS (Wow Trixxee! Have f...)
If it's rainy tomorrow, I'm going to have to resort to sous vide for my lobster, too. I'd rather grill - my fingers are itching to uncover it and get going with spring.
www.achefsjourney.com