T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16??
  Re: (...)
Whats on the menu for everyone today??

Seems like we've been 'heavy' the last few days, so think I'll go with quesadillas using some of the Mexican braised pork.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by cjs (Whats on the menu fo...)
I'm supposed to be making the Guinness Pot Roast, but circumstances may require a change.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm supposed to be m...)
I froze some of the lasagna that was made for Wendy and Henri---not much but enough for the two of us with a Caesar salad. Missing my family---BIG TIME!!!! I am going to have the fingerprints embedded in the glass windows FOREVER They had a safe trip home and have acclimated to the time change beautifully! But have we??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Roxanne 21 (I froze some of the ...)
Still not feeling so great so want something non-fussy. I will make this in a dutch oven though so I can brown the chicken a little.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/b...h-biscuits
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Trixxee (Still not feeling so...)
Thanks, Trixxee! You gave me an idea for dinner! Biscuits and Sausage Gravy! I haven't had it in forever! Scrambled eggs and a few fried potatoes and onions on the side. And a short cheap grocery list is a bonus!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Trixxee! Yo...)
Glad I could be a little inspiration, Daphne! Definitely an economical dinner, which we can all use right about now it seems.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Trixxee (Glad I could be a li...)
Glad I didn't go for the quesadillas - had a tad of blue cheese dressing left AND found another old recipe, so went with it. Served with warmed slices of the Mexican Braised Pork roast. So good. Made me think of summer, but serving it warm, it was perfect for ANOTHER rainy day!
[Image: Feb%2012%20Mex.%20Pork%20w%20potato%20sa...mrhukl.jpg]

SIDE DISH - BBQ Potato Salad

Made this March 9, 2009 and again 2/12/16 and served with Mexican Braised Pork Roast – 1/3 recipe is good for two dinners for us (note: dressing for this amount: 1/3 cup each: BBQ sauce & Marie’s Dressing)

3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
2/3 cup chopped red onion
1 cup diced celery
6 hard-cooked eggs
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
3/4 cup Marie’s Blue Cheese Dressing

1. Cut potatoes into cubes; cover with cold water and cook for about 15 minutes until tender but not falling apart. ( I like using leftover baked potatoes)

2. Drain and place in large salad bowl. While still warm, sprinkle with the vinegar. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.

3. Add onion, celery and eggs. Mix together the BBQ sauce & dressing; fold into the salad and chill for 1 hour or longer or serve warm. (Great serve a little warm)

Source: Central Market handout Pamphlet
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Trixxee (Glad I could be a li...)
It's an easy and economical dinner here as well, chicken piccata with asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by losblanos1 (It's an easy and eco...)
I'm thinking of Chicken Piccata for Sunday as it is one Roy Richard's favorites. And, I can handle that dish
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/12/16?? by cjs (I'm thinking of Chic...)
Jean, that recipe looks good.

Dinner was amazing! Thanks for the inspiration, Trixxee!
Daphne