Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16??
  Re: (...)
Not sure whether to have a separate posting for todsy - don't know how many folks are 'observing'
So, what's on the menu??

A friend picked up some Burrata cheese for me from Central mkt. I'm going with a simple, simple marinara, Burrata, salt & lots of pepper pizza. And later, we'll have the other 2 burritos.

Hmmmm, oh-oh, I'll be hearing abut it when Roy Richard realizes this is a meatless day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by cjs (Not sure whether to ...)
Tonight it's the sesame chicken cutlets and a baby bok choy salad. Looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Trixxee (Tonight it's the ses...)
We don't typically do special food for Fat Tuesday. I bought the few ingredients I needed to do the French Onion Salisbury Steak yesterday, but we decided it would push dinner back too far. Plus, I didn't want to add any more stress to my day. Anyway, that's dinner tonight with the fresh veggies from Sunday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We don't typically d...)
I have a wonderful cookbook from New Orleans that my mom brought back for me many years ago. Some of the restaurants are no longer there, but the recipes live on.

We will be celebrating alone tonight, so dinner will be Shrimp Creole from Court of Two Sisters.

http://www.courtoftwosisters.com/

Dessert will be Bananas Foster from Brennan's.

http://www.brennansneworleans.com/

I noticed an Octopus Creole on Brennan's menu.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Mare749 (I have a wonderful c...)
Sounds yummy, Maryann! Have you made either of these recipes before?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds yummy, Maryan...)
darn!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by cjs (Damn!!!!...)
Yes, both. Would you like me to post them?
Maryann

Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Mare749 (Yes, both. Would yo...)
I'd love to see them!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'd love to see them...)
Okay, I will type them up this afternoon.
Maryann

Re: Re: Mardi Gras Tuesday's Dinner, 2/9/16?? by Mare749 (Okay, I will type th...)
I was going to make Cajun chicken, but changed my mind, because I'm still celebrating Chinese new year. Dinner is now Chinese almond chicken.