T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

I usually make 1/2 recipes so we don't have so many leftovers, but I'm rethinking that idea for a while. Today regular amts. of Broccoli Ramen salad and Mango Pork Fried Rice. See how long they last.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Unless Karyn comes on and tells me otherwise, I'm planning on making the Sausage, Potato, and Spinach Soup she mentioned in Tuesday's Dinner Thread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Unless Karyn comes o...)
Daphne, that's funny, but true! Karyn does share some really great recipes.

Jean, reading your post got me thinking. Maybe you need some new kitchen toys to help with meal prep?

We're having l/o Mongolian Beef. Will add some steamed jasmine rice and fresh broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by Mare749 (Daphne, that's funny...)
Wendy is making my FAVORITE dish---SCALLOPS!!!!! My birthday dinner is extra special because I do not have to cook---and then we have a creme de la heart!!! Wendy is an aspiring home cook---even though she has a husband that is the creme de la creme. I made Henri her new favorit food---kingklip sauteed with butter and olive oil (light on both). What a joy to have family here---been a LONG time.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by Roxanne 21 (Wendy is making my F...)
Roxanne, I'm loving watching you enjoy having family with you! So heart warming!

Maryann, I started getting nervous, so I'm picking up a couple cans of tomatoes for marinara, just in case she comes on later today after I shop and says it wasn't that great. That way, I can turn the sausage into spaghetti, use the spinach for salad, and add the potatoes to tomorrow night's dinner with burgers.

Win win!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Roxanne, I'm loving ...)
Happy B'day Roxanne!

Tonight it's bacon wrapped shrimp with Mexican rice. I'm sure that I'll change my mind, because I'm already thinking about coconut shrimp with pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by losblanos1 (Happy B'day Roxanne!...)
Both of those sound yummy, Blane.

Roxanne, I am also really enjoying your family fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by Mare749 (Both of those sound ...)
More kitchen goodies?? I can't even think of anything I don't have!! Well, maybe a salamander, a smoke gun, uhhh, maybe you're right

Me too, Roxanne - what a great time you're having. Must admit I'm more than a little envious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by cjs (More kitchen goodies...)
Tony is finally coming home from Austin but will not make it in time for dinner. I think I might just pick up a sandwich from here and eat half for lunch/half for dinner.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/cortinas-...-4?start=0

It's the place that has those really good rolls and uses only Boar's Head cold cuts.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/5/16?? by Trixxee (Tony is finally comi...)
Those are some serious looking sandwiches! Now I'm craving a Famous Italian!
Daphne