Dinner #3 Critique
  Re: (...)
What did we all decide - critique Wednesday or Thursday???
('course, Angela cheated and we know she loved it.... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner #3 Critique by cjs (What did we all deci...)
I've been sick so I haven't been able to cook. Hopefully the worst has passed, and I'll feel well enough to cook tomorrow. Y'all don't have to wait for me to critique though.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by TwilightKitten (I've been sick so I ...)
Oh that's too bad Tammy - hope you didn't plan a house full for Sunday!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by cjs (Oh that's too bad Ta...)
Quote:

hope you didn't plan a house full for Sunday!!!

lol...no, not at MY house anyway! We do Easter at my aunt's house. I get Christmas. I do have to bring stuff though. I'm hoping I'll feel better by then.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, I'm too late for this one, but will try to do #4. I love potstickers. I'll usually spend an afternoon making them and freeze lots. Yum!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by Lorraine (Well, I'm too late f...)
Well, it's Thursday a.m. - here's my critique (even tho I guess it's not quite fair, I had already made them...)

Potsticker Menu – Thursday, April 6th

Since I’d already made the pot stickers before, I knew how much I liked them, but certainly enjoyed them again and I can always use practice sealing those little devils. One thing I’m curious to learn from you all is did you use a non-stick skillet or a ‘non’ non-stick? I have not made them in a non-stick and I find the browning of the bottoms is so nice and wonder if you can get that same ‘browness’ with a non-stick?

I made the Hot & Sour chili sauce plus a little dish of Sweet Chile sauce out for dipping and loved both. (but I can use the Sweet Chile sauce like ketchup anyway!)

Also, love Martin Yan’s coleslaw and I hope you who made it did also. The only variations I made was I didn’t add shrimp and I had some candied walnuts that I topped the slaw with. I think I like it better with the shrimp.

Paired a couple of wines this time –

’05 Snoqualmie Columbia Valley Riesling
’98 Chateau Benoit reserve Pinot Noir

This Pinot was terrific with both dishes and of course the Riesling fit also.

There was a little Pinot left in the bottle when dinner was a thing of the past, so broke out the Bittersweet Chocolate…oh my, that was delicious!!

I printed out a ‘poop sheet’ of sorts from somewhere for the Chateau Benoit winery and reading it over brot up a question. The winery is located (2 locations) at Woodburn and Lincoln City, Oregon. And they have a company store with wines and gifts and also they tout a deli, Italian-style, which offers “Pizzacato Pizza”. Has anyone heard of this?? I’m off to do a search.

This is certainly a repeat menu for me…over and over!

------
I did some checking after I wrote the above. The pizza refers to a movie, shoot now I can't remember the name - if I do I'll post the info.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by cjs (Well, it's Thursday ...)
I guess I will be the lone dissenter on this one. I followed the recipe to the letter--except I had to use finely shredded regular cabbage--no napa available here--. The result was excellent--per hubby BUT i was not crazy about the dish--guess I'm not a dumpling/potsticker fan. It is a tedious, finicky recipe to make--my favorite type of creation. And this would be wonderful for an appetizer which I will keep noted. I also served with the chili sauce--okay if you like spicey!! Also a sweet and sour sauce--awesome!!

I used a regular non non-stick pan--I don't think you would achieve the browning in the non stick--IMHO.

I also served with fried rice--nice addition for a rounded filling meal.

Ready for #4---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by Lorraine (Well, I'm too late f...)
Lorraine, you're just as late as I am! I've been too sick to shop or cook so my review is going to be late...but I'm still doing it... I hope that's ok.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by TwilightKitten (Lorraine, you're jus...)
Me too Tammy and Lorraine, I won't be doing mine till tomorrow evening. Better late than never right?
  Re: Re: Dinner #3 Critique by farnfam (Me too Tammy and Lor...)
Not to question anything here but I seem to remember somewhere along the way that the suggestion was made that we think about the new party for around the 18th-19th because of the holiday celebrations. I would love to have everybody participate that may be interested. Whatever the consensus is---okay with me!!

Tammy---FEEL BETTER soon---take care of yourself---we need you!!!

More opinions on the potstickers when you are able!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy