T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I held back a few shrimp when I garlic-roasted them yesterday for the pizza, so I'm doing some kind of a pasta dish with them.

And, all of you on that side of the U.S. - be so careful this weekend. Hope you can just stay in.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Those in the path of this storm, please stay safe! We got lucky, so far.....only have rain at this point. I hope it stays that way.

I'm thinking about hot dogs or burgers, but I may wind up doing some kind of soup to ward off the cold. I also have chili in the freezer. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Those in the path of...)
Tonight it's filets with marchand du vin sauce and asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's filets ...)
I'm not 100% certain yet but leaning towards linguine with clam sauce. I'm in an italian mood, but not for a tomato based sauce.

Or we might just go out. LOL.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by Trixxee (I'm not 100% certain...)
Well, now I've got cravings for -

chili dogs
clam linguine

and, of course 'filets' = my 2-incher to sous vide.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by cjs (Well, now I've got c...)
Save me! I just watched Carla Hall make this on The Chew. And it looks and sounds sooooooo good!

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes...carla-hall

Jean, I dare you to look. It's made with cocoa powder.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Save me! I just wat...)
darn you, MS Daphne....

I looked. that could be big trouble
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by cjs (Damn you, MS Daphne....)
We're celebrating my oldest's birthday with dinner at Marcel. After dinner, we're headed to the Fox Theater to see Book of Mormon. I'm really looking forward to all of it, and given the weather forecast, I'm really glad that we are planning on spending the night in Atlanta!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by karyn (We're celebrating my...)
LOL! Sorry, Jean! I was already craving brownies or something chocolate. Then I saw this. I think I might just have to make this for my valentine.

Karyn, that menu looks unbelievable! Have fun! It sounds like your weather is turning for the worst like ours has. Our precipitation looks to turn into the frozen kind over night.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/22/16?? by karyn (We're celebrating my...)
OMG!! You will laugh your @ss off!! I need to see this! All my nieces and nephews rave about this!!

Leftover sammies from Wednesday and looking for the first snowflake of the storm.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.