Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

I just bought some really thick center-cut bone-in pork chops for this weekend and I'm just asking about making a nice sauce for them. I've been searching the forum and poking around in my C@H books, but didn't see anything that really caught my eye.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]I ju...)
Barbara, several members tried that sauce for the cheese stuffed pork tenderloins from one or two issues back. I think it had cherries in it, maybe? Blane said the sauce made the recipe. You may want to check that out. I tend to go Asian or regular gravy over rice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, several mem...)
I did make that sauce. The only frozen cherries I could find were whole sweet ones and the sauce just looked "lumpy"!

I'll revisit that recipe again tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by BarbaraS (I did make that sauc...)
Here are some ideas for you - any sound interesting??

Apricot Pork Medallions
Asian Inspired Pork Tenderloin and Coleslaw - inspired by a C@H recipe
Bourbon Basted Pork Chops
Brew Pub POrk Chops
Honey Mustard Pork Loin Chops Recipe
Jammed up pork chops

Oh, Barbara, can't do this - I have so many pork ideas.........

Plus the recipe Karyn posted for last nights' dinner!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by cjs (Here are some ideas ...)
I haven't tried this myself since I don't generally cook chops or loins, but it sure sounds good. Thinking about making this for a pork tenderloin.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/roast...herb-sauce
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by Trixxee (I haven't tried this...)
Trixxee,

I was looking for something more on the savory side and this sounds great!

Jean - copied the Apricot sauce recipe as well. If I can find some low-sugar apricot jam this would work.

Thanks!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by BarbaraS (Trixxee,[br][br]I wa...)
Welcome! If you decide to make it, let us know how it turns out! I probably won't get to it until late next week.
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by Trixxee (Welcome! If you dec...)
This is my all-time favorite sauce with pork tenderloin, but there's no reason it wouldn't work with pork chops as well..it's not a C@H recipe, but it's totally delicious. Mashed or smashed potatoes and broccoli, and I'm a happy camper.

Dried Cherry-Port Sauce with Onions and Marmalade

1 tsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, halved and sliced 1/3 inch thick
-- (about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup port
3/4 cup dried cherries
2 Tbs orange marmalade
3 Tbs unsalted butter, cut into 3 pieces
Table salt and ground black pepper

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a hot skillet, brown pork on all sides until well-browned. Move pork to a baking sheet and roast until pork reaches an internal temperature of 135. Remove and tent while finishing sauce. Immediately after placing pork in oven, add oil to still-hot skillet, swirl to coat, and set skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and browned about the edges, 5 to 7 minutes (if drippings are browning too quickly, add 2 tablespoons water and scrape up browned bits with wooden spoon). Set skillet aside off heat.

2. While pork is resting, set skillet over medium-high heat and add port and cherries; simmer, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon, until mixture is slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add any accumulated pork juices and continue to simmer until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup, 2 to 4 minutes longer. Off heat, whisk in orange marmalade and butter, one piece at a time. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by karyn (This is my all-time ...)
That looks like another keeper Karyn! Thanks!

I have a Cuisine For Two book that has a totally delicious Port reduction sauce using cranberries for beef filets. I've posted it a couple times. You can sub out the cranberries for dried cherries and even dried blueberries for other meats. But since we're expecting a major snowstorm today, I want to limit my shopping stops because I am out of Port so I'm going to try Trixxee's sauce tomorrow.

Barbara
  Re: Re: Looking For A Pork Chop Sauce by BarbaraS (That looks like anot...)
Barbara, I really like Trader Joe's reduced sugar Apricot jam. We buy the strawberry and raspberry as well. My favorite sauce for meatballs is to use apricot jam and diced dried apricots (has other stuff as well).

I know you said sauce, but I love this chutney with pork. I've subbed cranberries for the raisins. My favorite pork chops are C@H Mediterranean Pork Chops, great sauce.