Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16??
  Re: (...)
Good Morning all - FOOTBALL WEEKEND!!! What's on the menu for everyone today??

I don't have the slightest idea...

We had leftover Carapulcra (Labs dish) and if anyone is lucky enough to have him for your Secret Santa, ask him for 'Papa Seca Amarilla - Dried yellow potatoes) - if he can still get them. I haven't looked online for them, but when I finish this 2nd pkg. I'll be looking.
I've already posted a picture of this dish, but wanted to whet some appetites!!
[Image: Jan%2015%20l.o.%20Carapulcra_zps75s49ypp.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by cjs (Good Morning all - F...)
That looks great Jean!

Tonight CA is making the ropa vieja with mashed jalapeno sweet potatoes.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by losblanos1 (That looks great Jea...)
"Tonight CA is making the ropa vieja with mashed jalapeno sweet potatoes"

YES!! An all time favorite around here!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by losblanos1 (That looks great Jea...)
Looks like comfort food, Jean. Yum.

Today is pizza day. Started the dough last night to improve the flavor. Seems like that's the only way to do it any more. We really notice the difference.

I don't have turkey legs, but do have some chicken wings, so going to copy Jean and use that on one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by Mare749 (Looks like comfort f...)
Very nice, Jean!

I was going to use that pack of chicken thighs in the freezer for the Noble Pig Sweet-Tangy Plum-Spicked Chicken dish that a lot of us have made and liked. But this morning I saw Katie Lee make this Chicken Ramen Stir Fry on The Kitchen. It looked so good! So dinner will probably be one of those.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Very nice, Jean![br]...)
Doing that chicken dish on Tuesday.

Using the Anova cooker to do filets tonight. All set up and ready to go in 1/2 hour. Also doing the Marchand de vin sauce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by BarbaraS (Doing that chicken d...)
I think I've settled on the chicken with bacon and mushroom cream sauce that Blane made the other day.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by Trixxee (I think I've settled...)
Which chicken dish are you going to do, Barbara? Can't wait to get a report on the steaks.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Which chicken dish a...)
I'm curious about the chicken with bacon and mushroom sauce that Blane did. Is that a Cuisine recipe?

Barbara, I am also looking forward to your dinner review...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/16/16?? by Mare749 (I'm curious about th...)
Our dinner was a home run! Doing prep early in the day (the chicken can take the extra time in the marinade), this came together in about twenty minutes. Time would have been shorter, but I had to wait on the water for the noodles. This will go on the regular rotation, for sure. From The Kitchen on today's episode, Chicken Ramen Stir Fry.

[Image: image_23.jpg]

I came back to add the link to the recipe and a couple of notes. I used regular cabbage. I only had two thighs, so I used a little breast meat that I had in the freezer. All thighs recommended strongly. Next time I will probably use more veggies and double the marinade to accommodate the extra veggies. But made as written, the marinade seasoned the dish perfectly.

Here's the link to the recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie...r-fry.html
Daphne