Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Turkey "Sandwich" pizza. I so enjoyed the pizza I 'finally' put pickles on, I'm going to do it again with my turkey meat.

We had a turkey leg meat sandwich last night opening a jar of my Secret Santa's Hefewwizen Bread & Butter pickles. These are wonderful and really spicy. I have never thought to add heat to my pickles. But, what a great flavor!

P.S. So another thank you to Santa Blane.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How many meals do you get out of two turkey legs Jean? Wow.

Definitely something with chicken - perhaps a sundried tomato cream sauce. Maybe some angel hair. For sure a baby greens salad.

I've been wanting asparagus but will have to wait for a sale. Can't pay $5.99/lb.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by Trixxee (How many meals do yo...)
I got 13 oz. out of these 2 legs. So, probably 3 dishes/or whatever. Plus 1 qt. of broth from bones and ~1/2 cup of delicious 'jus' from the pan. Pretty good for turkey legs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by cjs (I got 13 oz. out of ...)
That is awesome. Tony would never be satisfied with 2 ounces of meat per meal though. My grocery bill would go down dramatically if he would!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by Trixxee (That is awesome. To...)
That is amazing, Jean. I don't think we would have had any l/os from those turkey legs. Isn't it great how much you get for your money with turkey?

I made an extra "small" meatloaf the other day, so tonight we will have hot meatloaf sandwiches (cooked like a patty melt)
and some tots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by Mare749 (That is amazing, Jea...)
Well Trixxee, I don't use the meat by itself - for the sandwiches we had last night (as a snack since we eat dinner mid-day) I sautéed onions, peppers etc. to stretch. I guess what I'm saying is lately I'm using meat for flavoring rather than flavoring the meat. if that makes sense. It's amazing what you can do with 3-4 oz. of any meat.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by cjs (Well Trixxee, I don'...)
Pizza Time - Another use for roasted turkey legs - Combine turkey meat, onion, roasted poblanos, roasted corn, braising jus and Sriracha - wow, was this pizza hot, but it was so tasty we endured the numb lips!!!
P.S. AND, the cracklin's from the turkey legs!!

[Image: Jan%2014%20Topping%20for%20Turkey%20pizz...pg0cae.jpg]

[Image: Jan%2014%20Turkey%20Corn%20pizza_zpsireu1byy.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by cjs (Pizza Time - Another...)
How do you think of these combinations? Looks delicious. What kind of cheese did you use?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by Mare749 (How do you think of ...)
Thank you - Usually cleaning the refrigerator. I used Mozz, cheddar, and a Kreme Kaese (which is Havarti-like) that came in a Swiss Colony variety box at Christmas. Nice combo.

I added the corn for a little sweetness because when I tasted the turkey mixture it was so darn hot! It worked.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/14/16?? by cjs (Thank you - Usually ...)
Looks delicious, Jean. I'll have to agree with Trixxee on the 2 ounces of meat per person for dinner or lunch. That wouldn't work at my house. LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.