Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm using my delicious turkey legs for something. I 'doggy-bagged' some great dinner rolls from last night, so probably a sandwich of some kind is in order.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think I'm going to keep it really simple tonight - minestrone soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
Crockpot time going to make Zuppa Toscana.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by DFen911 (Crockpot time going ...)
Going to make Cuisine's Herb Fried Chicken with black pepper gravy tonight since it didn't get made last night. Not sure of the sides yet. Might be spinach and some rice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by Mare749 (Going to make Cuisin...)
We love that recipe Maryann.

Chicken here tonight, I'm thinking chicken parmesan, but we will see.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by losblanos1 (We love that recipe ...)
Easy Side Dish idea - Cabbage wedge with bacon
I’ll have to work on this a bit, but oh my we sure enjoyed it. One fairly thin wedge of Napa cabbage, drizzled grapeseed oil over, S&P, and laid a slice of bacon over top. Roasted at 375°F for 25 minutes, but it wasn’t quite right, so upped the oven to 400°F for 15 more minutes. At that point the cabbage was browning nicely and the bacon was nice and crispy. But…serving was a problem – if I cut it in half, Roy Richard would have the tougher end ( ) and I’d have the nice tender part. Next time I think I’ll chop the wedges in 3 or 4” lengths and toss before seasoning and topping with the bacon.
This dish is really worth doing if you are a cabbage and/or bacon fan.

[Image: Jan%2013%20Cabbage%20w%20bacon%20ready%2...5mufan.jpg]

[Image: Jan%2013%20cabbage%20with%20bacon%20roas...dtmwtc.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by cjs (Easy Side Dish idea ...)
What a fun idea, Jean!

We had Flank Steak Peperonata. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed such an easy dinner. Definitely a keeper!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/13/16?? by karyn (What a fun idea, Jea...)
Sounds good, Jean! Reminds me of the old days. Back in the day, Mom wouldn't dream of making cabbage without frying up some streak-a-lean before adding water and the cabbage.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.