Anova Precision Cooker
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Jean, my suggestion is to get out the Food Saver. That's what I use, and I've never had trouble with floating food. However, I don't have the Anova so the water in my sous vide doesn't circulate, so I don't know if that is part of the reason I don't have issues.

[/blockquote]

What kind of sous vide do you have?
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by Cubangirl (Jean, my suggestion ...)
I've seen some people suggesting placing a spoon (or similar, heavy but non-reactive object) into the bag.

I really need to start putting my Anova to more use,but have just been busy with all my baking since that is going so well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by labradors (I've seen some peopl...)
I have the Anova and have not had any problems so far in any area. But, I have not done multiple hours yet either with regular bags.

Guess I'd better see about replacing my FoodSaver, as my old one I think is just worn out!

There goes my Searszall for Mother's day.............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by Cubangirl (Jean, my suggestion ...)
Quote:

Jean, my suggestion is to get out the Food Saver. That's what I use, and I've never had trouble with floating food. However, I don't have the Anova so the water in my sous vide doesn't circulate, so I don't know if that is part of the reason I don't have issues.

What kind of sous vide do you have?

[/blockquote]

I have the Sous Vide Supreme Demi. I really like it, but you can't beat the Anova for price and ease of storage.
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks Karyn, that is really cool.
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by Cubangirl (Thanks Karyn, that i...)
Did my first chicken thighs sous vide and love them. 148° for 4 hours yesterday and then broiled to brown up - darn rain, couldn't grill 'em

[Image: Mar%2012%20sous%20vide%20thighs_zpsndi9b73k.jpg]

first of four dishes I'll make is l/o Scaloppini gravy, noodles, peas and 1 thigh - 1 down 3 to go

Tonight for our snack - 2nd thigh, open face sandwich.

If the sun would come out, I'd save the last two and make potato salad and pretend spring is here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by cjs (Did my first chicken...)
Looking good Jean! Bone-in??

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by BarbaraS (Looking good Jean! ...)
yes, always
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by cjs (Did my first chicken...)
Those thighs look wonderful!

Once I start getting enough paid hours Bob said I can get one! Yea! I'm so excited - and it'll fit in a suitcase - just in case.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anova Sous Vide by Harborwitch (Those thighs look wo...)
Sharon,

I'm in love with my unit. This weekend, I'm doing a Rib Roast sous vide.

There are units other than Anova, but with the customer service help I got with my first unit, I would recommend Anova.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.