Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15??
  Re: (...)
Need I ask what's on the menu today??

I brought home a few pieces of Monkey bread, 3 pieces pumpkin pie, 1/2 a pecan pie (which is going in the dumpster - terrible new recipe!), a couple of servings of a friend's corn pudding. So, will do something....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by cjs (Need I ask what's on...)
Of course it's l/os. Best part of doing the cooking for a holiday! I'm making a pumpkin pie from scratch this a.m.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by Mare749 (Of course it's l/os....)
I'm not sure. I will definitely be cooking down my carcass. I may go on and do soup for tonight. We shall see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. I wil...)
My favorite for post T'day is making a turkey club sandwich---WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by Roxanne 21 (My favorite for post...)
We are going to attempt to smoke a beautiful standing rib roast. Creamed corn and au gratin potatoes as sides.

My SIL packed us up an assortment of leftovers yesterday so will probably heat up some of that for lunch. The honey baked ham and fresh green bean casserole is especially calling my name.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by Trixxee (We are going to atte...)
Oh Roxanne, I'll have the sandwich for you when I roast my turkey!

What a mish mash of a dinner we are going to have. From Wednesday nite's anniversary fine dining excursion, I had the gal collect all the garlicky, buttery goop from my escargot and a duck leg w/gravy from Roy's dinner. (enough to mix with maybe 4 oz. of pasta )

also, a dab of corn pudding we brought home from Thanksgiving plus a couple of pieces of Monkey bread. Have to say with these flavors, I am looking forward to the meal.

P.S. Oh, and forgot the pie I brought home....this is way too much food for one meal, but how the heck to choose......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by cjs (Oh Roxanne, I'll hav...)
I'm still in a food coma from yesterday Although I did manage to make my fried stuffing potato cake this morning...I think I'll crawl over to the couch now

Dinner will just be a repeat of last night, then I'll start with the fun leftovers. Going to do a fried stuffing balls with goat cheese in the middle for an appetizer.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by DFen911 (I'm still in a food ...)
Leftovers here. too. My sous vide turkey breast was incredible...moist, flavorful, and probably the best turkey I've ever done. THe leftovers are as moist today as they were yesterday. I may never roast turkey again!
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by karyn (Leftovers here. too....)
Karyn, do you have the actual appliance for that? How long did it take? I just got a newsletter the other day about doing turkey that way and it sounds so good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner, 11/27/15?? by Mare749 (Karyn, do you have t...)
We switched it up tonight with spaghetti.

I honestly didn't have that much left over. However, I may make pancakes and sausage for dinner Sunday using the leftover sweet potatoes. I think I did that before and liked it. There is enough turkey for a few sandwiches. The green bean casserole and butter beans and part of the leftover turkey will go in the soup tomorrow night. I'll fry potato pancakes with burgers maybe Monday. That will wrap it up for our leftovers, I think.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.