T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I had a nice dinner planned - honey Dijon baked chicken (with a little curry), Coconut rice with peas and sourdough focaccia - but friends invited us over, so all is on hold until tomorrow.

Will make the focaccia today tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I bought two beautiful organic angus boneless ribeyes that Tony will grill. I'm going to make this sauce to go with it - don't recall making it before. Steamed broccoli in the side and not sure if I'll add a starch. Maybe cous-cous.

http://www.cuisineathome.com/extras/077/...oom-sauce/

For lunch I think I'm going to make this salmon dish. A friend made it last night and said it was really good.

http://juliasalbum.com/2015/08/cilantro-...ic-salmon/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by Trixxee (I bought two beautif...)
Trixxee, that salmon dish looks AWESOME----printed and will do next salmon night. Not crazy about cilantro so will sub ---maybe some thyme or basil.

Tonight---french toast and bacon with a banana on the side.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Trixxee, that salmon...)
love those flavors with salmon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by cjs (love those flavors w...)
Made a huge pot of "clean out the fridge soup" and it's simmering on the stove until it gets transferred to quart size freezer containers. Looks like about 6 quarts.

That said....we're actually going out with Heather, James, and the kiddies to a local dive for dinner. Never pass up a chance to go out with them...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by Mare749 (Made a huge pot of "...)
Nobody came up with a dinner idea, so when I started listing things off, the only thing they all jumped on was Buffalo Chicken Wings. At least William agreed to cut them up for me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by Mare749 (Made a huge pot of "...)
I have no clue what we're doing for dinner...other than wine, that is! I've had two days of conferences, and even though they went really well, I'm exhausted!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/20/15?? by karyn (I have no clue what ...)
Italian meatball sub for me, Italian meatball pasta for her. Another day when everything sounds so good.