Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Our motely crew is getting together (it is Tuesday, after all ) and instead of going out, all coming here and we all offering dishes we've never made before. Should be interesting -

I'm making
Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork
Asian Salad with Sesame Dressing (a Robert Irvine recipe - I've never made one of his before)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Nothing exciting - just leftovers - rotisserie chicken and au gratin potatoes. I'll make some asparagus.

But we are kind of splurging for lunch since Tony is working from home - splitting an Italian sandwich from a great sandwich shop that is only open from 10-3 M-F, so we are taking advantage today.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by Trixxee (Nothing exciting - j...)
Grilled salmon with an avocado sauce and lemony green beans
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Grilled salmon with ...)
Roxanne, it's great to see you so often!!! You're missed when you are A.W.O.L.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by cjs (Roxanne, it's great ...)
Roxanne, thanks for the idea of lemony green beans. Sounds so good.

We are going to grill a sirloin tip roast, indirect, of course. I rubbed it with olive oil, minced garlic, Italian herb blend, salt and cracked pepper. The instructions say to roast to 130° then tent with foil and let rest for 30 min. and it should be a perfect medium rare. Fingers crossed.

I have some large baking potatoes, so we will share one of those along with roasted brussel sprouts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by Mare749 (Roxanne, thanks for ...)
No plans right now. Off to get inspired.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (No plans right now. ...)
I wanted to make grilled chicken cordon bleu for dinner, but there's a huge storm blowing thru. I'll probably make a stovetop version.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by losblanos1 (I wanted to make gri...)
Jean, I'd love to hear how the slow cooker Mu Shu Pork turns out...I really need more slow cooker recipes right now.

We're finally having pizza, and I'm so ready. Tonight I'm topping it with chicken thighs sauteed with garlic and chili sauce, caramelized onions and three cheeses. It's an adaptation of an old Epicurious recipe that really works for us.

I do make my own crust and doctor the ingredients as I see fit.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by karyn (Jean, I'd love to he...)
Will let you know
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/17/15?? by cjs (Will let you know...)
Gosh, everything sounds so good today. Present company excluded. LOL.