Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing a steak and the leftover couscous salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having filets with demi glace again, along with "orzo with everything" and possibly some green beans.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15?? by Trixxee (We are having filets...)
Carylann is cooking a new one from the Cuisine for two cookbook, Belgian beef stew with Dijon mashed potatoes. Lunch is a new recipe also, from issue #114, Mushroom Ragoût w/ vol au vents. I'm going to use puff pastry shells rather than the flat sheets.

Speaking of demi glace, I'm making a demi glace jus for our French dips Friday.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15?? by losblanos1 (Carylann is cooking ...)
That's a great idea Blane. I normally just use a crappy packet of au jus. Will have to remember this somehow. LOL.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15?? by Trixxee (That's a great idea ...)
Makes me wish I already had my Demi glacé, since that's what we are having tonight. I'm trying a new idea for tonight. Although I normally prefer Boar's Head roast beef for this, at almost $10 a pound, I let my grocery guru, Ashley, suggest something else. London Broil is BOGO this week, so she got two. In a few, I'm going to grill one off to use for the sandwiches. Last time we had London Broil, Ashley did a great job of nearly shaving the meat. I've got salad for a side. Saving the Onion Gratin for next week when we have the other London Broil.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15?? by Trixxee (That's a great idea ...)
Theresa, I've added a tablespoon of better than beef bouillon to the crappy packet of au jus, it really bumped up the flavor. Issue #101 has a really delicious Jus recipe on page 23.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/7/15?? by losblanos1 (Theresa, I've added ...)
I get a Tones Beef Base from Sam's Club, and it allows me to control the intensity of the flavor. And it has no MSG. If I run out, and can't get to Sam's, I get the Better Than Bouillion.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.