Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I have a few peanut chicken wings & the sauce left from Sunday, so I'm going to make some kind of a peanut sauced pasta and maybe add some stir-fried veggies. A 'by-the-seat-of-your-pants' dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Best kind and sounds yummy.

We have some l/o turkey (we packaged most of it for sandwiches) and a good amount of broth made from the frame. So, turkey tortilla soup is on the menu for today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by Mare749 (Best kind and sounds...)
Today is a non-student day so thought I'd take advantage of the extra time I have an am making a braised boneless short rib dish with red wine, vegetables, etc. Will served over mashed orange cauliflower that I didn't make yesterday.

Funny all the talk about flank steak yesterday - I went to the store specifically to get flank steak to make the ropa vieja dish (I've never made it before) and not a flank steak in sight. I thought about subbing a chuck roast but they were full price and no way was I going to spend $7/lb on a chuck roast.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by Trixxee (Today is a non-stude...)
We are having the quiche today. I'll do the Quiche Lorraine or the Ham and Spinach from one of the C@H issues.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by Gourmet_Mom (We are having the qu...)
We're having an old (1998) BA recipe...but we still love it. It's Chicken and Green Olive Enchiladas. Basically a quicker mole sauce with jack cheese and green olives. My only modification is that I cook all of the onions in the sauce. I don't like the fact that the onions are only sort of cooked if you add raw onion to the chicken mixture.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by karyn (We're having an old ...)
I'm doing an old time classic Cuisine recipe, Chicken cutlets with almond butter sauce and $1.99lb asparagus.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by losblanos1 (I'm doing an old tim...)
You suggestion caught my eye, Karyn and the recipe looks good! Copied and saved.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 by cjs (You suggestion caug...)
I hope you and Roy enjoy it as much as we do, Jean!