HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!!
  Re: (...)
May your day be filled with love and fun!!! Have a great one!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by cjs (May your day be fill...)
Yay, I might actually be on time for once!!! Happy Birthday, Barbara!! I know that somebody has to be doing something special for you, so enjoy your day!
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by iBcookin (Yay, I might actuall...)
Happy Birthday Barbara! Have a terrific day.
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by losblanos1 (Happy Birthday Barba...)
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!! May you be spoiled ROTTEN
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by Roxanne 21 (HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BI...)
Happy Birthday, Barbara! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by Mare749 (Happy Birthday, Barb...)
Ditto,ditto,ditto!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by Old Bay (Ditto,ditto,ditto!! ...)
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Dear Barbara!
Happy Birthday to you!

[Image: party2-1.gif]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Birthday to yo...)
THANK YOU ALL!!!

We just got back from New Hope, PA. Pretty crowded for a Sunday. It was 65-degrees today and some trees are still green!!

Yesterday we went to the Italian Market in South Philly and O.M.G., I had to force myself not to buy everything I saw. We first stopped at Fante's. This place has everything from hammered copper cookware to any gadget a cook would want and every flavor everything a baker would need. Then we stopped in this new shop that sells infused EVOOs and flavored Balsamic vinegars. All the vinegars and oils were lined up in mini metal barrels with little tasting cups and little pieces of bread to taste everything they had. Ever since Roxanne spoiled me with EVOO from South Africa, I've been holding out for the real deal and found it! Bought a bottle of made in Italy and they even listed the olives it was pressed from. Got some really nice aged Balsamic Vinegar as well. Tasty stuff!

Then we hit DiBruno Bros Cheese shop. Danger! Danger!! They have over 300 varieties of cheeses and will let you taste as many as you want. Once a year they get this cheese called "Black Beauty". I don't know exactly what kind of cheese it was, but it was the creamiest cheese I've ever had. We also got some Bleu Cheese made in Chester County, PA. Anthony Bourdain featured this shop in one of his shows and he found a cheese there he can't find in NYC. I picked up some fresh made mozzarella and a Sweet Basil and Garlic pasta sauce they made. I had to get Hubby out of there before he bought more cheese.

More shops down the way were selling homemade pastas and cans of San Marzano tomatoes. But they were in Italian and I didn't know if they were whole tomatoes or what. Definitely need to go back there before I make my lasagnas for the winter. Hubby's knees were getting sore and he can't walk for long times. And don't get me started on the butcher shops!

In about an hour we'll be going out to dinner for my dozen Blue Point oysters and Filet Oscar (crab meat and mushrooms in a demi-glace sauce). Woohoo!!

Thank you everyone!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by BarbaraS (THANK YOU ALL!!![br]...)
Happy Birthday Barbara! Sounds like a really enjoyable fun day!
  Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barbara!!! by Trixxee (Happy Birthday Barba...)
It was, Trixxee!! The Italian Market is way cool but not as snazzy or big as The Market in Seattle, WA.

It's something I was hoping to show Jean and Roy if they had made their way up here while they were on the road, but they made the smart move and stayed south because it was a terrible Winter/Spring up here.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.