Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I made a crockpot Mexican 'thing' yesterday - lots of good flavors to see us thru 2 days of cooking for Sunday.

My Canadian bacon is done and tastes so good. It's been so long!
[Image: Oct%2030%20Canadian%20Bacon_zpsnyll6rnq.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That looks so delicious!

CA is making the sweet garlic chicken recipe that Jean shared. Asparagus on the side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by losblanos1 (That looks so delici...)
Hope you like the chicken as much as the rest of us have!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by cjs (Hope you like the ch...)
Looks great Jean!

After the biggest afternoon of horse racing of the year (Breeder's Cup - Go American Pharoah!), we are driving down to Dana Point to my sister's place for dinner and then Trick or Treating. Michael's last year of it. Not sure what she is serving. Probably pizza delivery. LOL. She's not much of a cook.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by Trixxee (Looks great Jean![br...)
Going to a Halloween party tonight. So anything goes!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by DFen911 (Going to a Halloween...)
Breeder's Cup - thanks Trixxee!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by cjs (Breeder's Cup - than...)
I haven't decided. I'm off to look for inspiration.

Looked through a couple months of dinner threads and got a menu plan I like. After approval and deciding on some sides, I'll make my grocery list. After spending all that time doing that, I ran out of time, so I'm doing burgers and beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't decided. ...)
...and a glass of wine
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by cjs (...and a glass of w...)
We are doing a shrimp Diablo that I got from America's Test Kitchen (and modified, they don't like that), and a salad.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/31/15?? by Old Bay (We are doing a shrim...)
We were busy yesterday putting up all our wall "stuff" that never got put back up after we finished painting because we/I kept changing our minds. So, while Ron was busy drilling holes and anchoring screws in the walls, I put together a weird combination for nibbling.

First, made some more stuffed mushrooms, then made a quesadilla and warmed up some Italian wedding soup that I pulled out of the freezer.

Jean, your Canadian bacon looks delicious. How do you store it and how long does it keep? I am hoping to pick up Tender Quick today if it came in at Fin, Feather and Fur.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."