Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have so much going on today, I'm not sure what we'll end up having.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony is having some dental work (1st stage of an implant) so I'm not sure what kind of shape he'll be in so I'm picking up a small honey baked ham today and will make a ham and leek frittata (soft food). I'll put tomato slices on half. Asparagus on the side.

Good news - down 4 pounds on the week already. I'm shocked. It hasn't been hard- haven't missed a meal.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by Trixxee (Tony is having some ...)
Congratulations, Trixxee!

I don't know what we are doing for dinner. Our son has the week off before he starts a new job next week, so tomorrow morning all of us are headed to Tennessee for a day of whiskey tasting and a night in Nashville. We're getting together at the lake house tonight to get a head start on the drive. It should be a fun trip!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by karyn (Congratulations, Tri...)
How fun Karyn!!!!

GO GIRL----Trixxee!!! What an awesome start!

Fish fingers with ginger sauce and asparagus....nice and light but really tasty!

Found some rhubarb yesterday---with strawberries---GREAT pie was a delicious dessert---a special treat for the groom. Tomorrow should show the elevated sugar level but HE ASKED FOR IT!!!! sigh once in a while is okay
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by Roxanne 21 (How fun Karyn!!!! ...)
Keep it up Trixxee! You may need to revise your Jan. 1st goal date.

That sounds like fun Karyn, have a great time.

Today it's Colorado chile chicken burritos.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by losblanos1 (Keep it up Trixxee! ...)
Good on you, Trixxee!!

Karyn, sounds like a fun weekend!! Stay safe.

We ended up having salmon sandwiches (I drizzled jalapeno 'syrup' over the patties as I fried them ) and slaw. Super good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by cjs (Good on you, Trixxee...)
Terrific progress, Trixxee!

Have fun Karyn! Sounds like a blast!

Blane, I actually considered the burritos myself, but it was too late in the day before I planned dinner. I'm FINALLY taking a few weeks for myself to actually feel retired. But I need to get my act together. I try to complete a household project each week, but I need to get back to meal planning!

Anyway, I gave in to another craving today. We had Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing. I know, not really a meal, but we got to endulge a craving. I had leftovers from last night for lunch, and he had a huge plate of Kim's Spicy Chicken for lunch, so a few wings for dinner seemed okay. We showed considerable restraint.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Terrific progress, T...)
Daphne, that's the best way to eat now that you are retired. Bigger meals mid-day and 'snack' type something later.
www.achefsjourney.com