Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I made an extra large batch of garlic fettuccine yesterday so I'd have leftovers. Thinking of a frittata to go with some ribs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The pork loin that Ron grilled yesterday was amazing. I think we will make some Cuban sandwiches with that for dinner. Maybe a cup of vegetable soup to go with.

Jean, I have the other half of the pork loin in the freezer. Is that enough to make Canadian bacon? Do you use Ruhlman's recipe?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by Mare749 (The pork loin that R...)
No, I've always used Dave Nelson's - from C2C. I'll post the recipe. You want to work with ~1 lb. pieces so maybe you have enough?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by cjs (No, I've always used...)
Meatball subs here.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by Trixxee (Meatball subs here....)
Meatball subs sound really good, but we had chili last night, so maybe later in the week. That said, I have no clue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by Trixxee (Meatball subs here....)
Dinner is the brie stuffed pork tenderloin with butternut squash. I prepped the meat yesterday so that I would have less work today.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by losblanos1 (Dinner is the brie s...)
l/o pork tenderloin with baked potato and broccoli---mish mash but all of his favorites
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by Roxanne 21 (l/o pork tenderloin ...)
Chicken Paprikas!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by labradors (Chicken Paprikas!...)
Meatloaf!! (Hubby's request)

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/26/15?? by BarbaraS (Meatloaf!! (Hubby's...)
Blane, review the pork, please. I just got my copy today, and that one really stood out.

Tonight we had slow-cooker pork tacos that were just weird....not bad, not good, just strange. It was a recipe that had a Moroccan-style spice rub on the pork with cranberries, maple syrup, chipotles, and apple juice for the cooking liquid. I couldn't wrap my mind around the combination, so I decide to give it a try. Apparently, there was a good reason I couldn't wrap my mind around the flavors...not a keeper!