egg salad
  Re: (...)
I've got every issue of this great magazine, and I seem to remember finding a recipe for egg salad. The index doesn't help. Can anyone out in cyber land?

Thanx,
chops
  Re: egg salad by Chops52 (I've got every issue...)
I don't recall seeing a recipe for egg salad. I did a search on cuisineathome.com in the annual volumes and didn't find anything. That's the fastest way I can think of to search through all the issues! Are you looking for a basic egg salad recipe or something fancier?
Tammy
  Re: Re: egg salad by TwilightKitten (I don't recall seein...)
I have several recipes for Egg Salad, but not one from CAH. If you could tell me a little about it, I would check to see if I have one similar.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: egg salad by bjcotton (I have several recip...)
There is an interesting precis on egg salad in Cook's Illustrated. I haven't seen one in CAH either--if you clue us in on what you may be looking for I'm sure the cooks here will be able to help--they are a wonderful lot!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: egg salad by Roxanne 21 (There is an interest...)
The strangest thing...I went to see how many recipes I have for Egg Salad, and have only two, both mine.

Billy
  Re: Re: egg salad by bjcotton (The strangest thing....)
Well, now I'm hungry for egg salad, so please bj could you post yours in time for lunch tomorrow
  Re: Re: egg salad by farnfam (Well, now I'm hungry...)
As cjs can tell you, this is only a guide line/idea. It is not meant to be exact, only a suggestion. I almost never fix anything twice in the same way.

* Exported from MasterCook *

My Egg Salad

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 6
Categories : Salads-Slaws-Dressings

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 medium red onion -- chopped
12 large eggs -- peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery (with leaves) -- chopped
3/4 cup Best Foods or Hellman mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or dill pickle relish -- as desired
2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
2 tablespoons fresh dill -- chopped
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt -- to taste
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste

In a large saucepan, with a tight-fitting lid, place the eggs and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover the eggs, remove from the heat, and set aside for 8 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and cool under cold running water. Peel the eggs and chop.

In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, pimentos, dill, mustard, lemon juice and salt.

Add the eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently mix them together. Season with pepper to taste. Use in sandwiches, with lettuce and tomatoes, or in a salad.

Billy
  Re: Re: egg salad by bjcotton (As cjs can tell you,...)
Thanks bj, this looks good for lunch tomorrow yum
  Re: Re: egg salad by farnfam (Thanks bj, this look...)
I forgot to put in there, that I usually mix everything thoroughly before I put the eggs in, otherwise they might turn to a paste.

Billy
  Re: Re: egg salad by bjcotton (I forgot to put in t...)
That's quite an interesting recipe, Billy. Copied, pasted and printed---a must try! Thanx for the post.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy