Computer Cookbooks
  Re: (...)
Have y'all discussed the different computer cookbooks? I wondered what, if anything, you use. I don't know if it's proper to mention it here, but I use MasterCook 9.0.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Computer Cookbooks by bjcotton (Have y'all discussed...)
No, we haven't. I tried the Living Cookbook,but my laptop crashed before I could experiment too much with it. I really liked what I was able to do so far though. How do you like Mastercook?

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the forum!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by TwilightKitten (No, we haven't. I ...)
Thank you Twilight, it is a pleaure to speak with other food lovers.

I really like MasterCook 9. I've had other versions of MasterCook, but their latest version is wonderful. Getting a recipe from the internet is easy, as is importing recipe pictures. Entering recipes from publications is fairly simple as is entering them by hand. The only problem I've discovered is emailing a recipe from MC9. The only way I've found to do that is by copying them and pasting them in your email. It has an email function, but I can't get it to work...and believe me I've tried. Posting a recipe to here is as simple as 1, 2, 3. You can also purchase it for $19.95 and import your recipes into it. Everyone I know that has it really likes it.

I've tried other computer cookbooks and wasn't really happy with them and eventually made my way to MasterCook 9. I do know cjs, another member, uses it also. You can ask her how she likes it.

Billy
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by bjcotton (Thank you Twilight, ...)
WELCOME bjcotton---nice to have you on board. I don't know a thing about computer cookbooks---I am in the third world and will have to get a little more savvy (I'm working on it). Is there a specific website to go to for this?? I know this is probably a REALLY STUPID question but for those of us who are ignorant--HELP!!! I will also google search---that has been an enlightening find!!! Want anything???--go there.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by Roxanne 21 ( WELCOME bjcotton--...)
BillyJ's right - I love my mastercook 9 - and I'm so proud to say that after losing EVERYTHING on two computers, I have finally successfully backed up every darn thing on my computer. And I'm really computer illiterate...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by cjs (BillyJ's right - I l...)
lol...good for you on the back-up! Now if only I can do it too...

I saw somewhere it's recommended to back-up your data WEEKLY! Oh, my that seems like a lot to me! I'm lucky to do it yearly! Of course, I learned my lesson after my latest computer fiasco, and I will do regular back-ups from now on.

Do you know anything about the Living Cookbook and how it compares to Mastercook?
Tammy
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by TwilightKitten (lol...good for you o...)
I'm going to faithfully 'try' to back up my files every two months - I know I'd never do it any more often than that!!

MasterCook is the only cooking program (right word?) I've used, so don't know a thing about the others.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by Roxanne 21 ( WELCOME bjcotton--...)
Thank you Roxanne. I went to www.mastercook.com to purchase mine. I just checked the site and they are still offering it for $19.99. I do have friends that use Living Cookbook and swear by it, but I'm not familiar with it myself, other than it's cost ($29.95 and the diet version $64.95). I tried a couple of others and wasn't too happy with them. I finally found MasterCook 9 and quit shopping. I really like it and recommend it to anyone who wants an easy to use program. As I discovered "how to" using the program I typed out step-by-step instructions and shared them with many of my cooking friends. If anyone wants them, I'm more than happy to share.

Billy
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by bjcotton (Thank you Roxanne. ...)
Thanks Billy---that looks like an awesome place to visit---when I have a little more time (WHAT'S THAT??) I will peruse more carefully and am sure to gain a great deal---the heads up is much appreciated--now to find more time!!!

LOL
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Computer Cookbooks by Roxanne 21 (Thanks Billy---that ...)
I believe this is one of Billy's first posts. Thought I would bring it to the top.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura