Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I made a salmon & corn chowder yesterday, so that will be our dinner with focaccia made from my whole wheat pizza dough.

O.T.
We found our new 'watering hole' last night. We have this little dive in town on the waterfront, Bar Hop Brewing & Tap Room, which is nothing fancy, but they're inexpensive and are serving the best wood fired pizzas (we had a curry with salumi - talk about a fusion pizza) that was delicious.
Also a nice bottle of wine for $16.00 Fun night
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to make the slow cooker fajitas for chicken tostadas tonight. In the mood for a salad.

I will get to Jean and Blane's recipes at some point too. Needed a slow cooker version for today.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
And the request was........Fish Piccata! I'll serve over angel hair pasta and have a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (And the request was....)
Making chili Eat it tonight and freeze dry the left overs for later Suppose to be in the 60's all week, finally feels like fall is here.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by DFen911 (Making chili [img]/u...)
Just made Brioche Hamburger Buns as a test for an item to sell in my cottage-food business (hoping to start soon). Here's how they turned out (the small one in the middle was just from a little extra dough left after portioning the ten rolls):

[Image: kaqBmvc.jpg]

Hamburgers on these tonight!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by labradors (Just made [url=http:...)
They look scrumptious!!!!! I can almost smell them.

uhhhhhhh, an item for your industry - candied jalapenos???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by cjs (They look scrumptiou...)
Under cottage law, peppers are not always as allowable as, for example, apples. For instance, I can make pineapple jam, but not pineapple-jalapeƱo jam.

Also, I'm going to stay away from candy (even my caramels), for now, since I'd have to collect sales tax on candy, and I want to start as simply as possible.

I'll keep the candied jalapeƱos in mind, for later, though and check to see if it would be allowed.

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by cjs (They look scrumptiou...)
Those buns look great, Labs! Good luck with your new business.

Dinner tonight is Jean's recipe for Sweet Garlic Chicken. Ron couldn't get enough of it last week and asked me to make it again, this time with rice and fresh steamed broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by Mare749 (Those buns look grea...)
Save any jus you have left from cooking the chicken - it gives such good flavor to a dish of garlic pasta....if you want.

I'm ready to make this again, too!!

Interesting - the ins and outs of this, Labs.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/21/15?? by cjs (Save any jus you hav...)
They are beautiful, Labs!

I need to put the garlic chicken on the menu before I forget it again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.