Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus
  Re: (...)
Later this week I plan to try the Mushroom Pork Marsala shown in Weeknight Menus. But I notice the recipe calls for 8 cups of mushrooms. That seems an awful lot to serve 4. Has anyone tried that? Is 8 cups correct? Any help would be appreciated.
  Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by barbara_marie (Later this week I pl...)
Whoa--that does sound like a lot but remember once they have cooked they do diminish in quantity quite a bit---still!!! I haven't the recipe to review but I'm sure someone will help you---sounds yummy though---I LOVE mushrooms!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by barbara_marie (Later this week I pl...)
I haven't tried it yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to put that much, unless your family hates mushrooms. They do cook down a lot! Please let us know how it comes out!
Tammy
I'm thinking 8 cups of mushrooms will cook down to ~3-4 cups - that would be a nice amount for 4 servings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by cjs (I'm thinking 8 cups ...)
From the name of the recipe, I would think that the mushrooms would be a major part of the recipe..perhaps that's why it calls for that many. I wouldn't scimp on them, I'd add the whole 8 cups.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by bjcotton (From the name of the...)
Looking at the picture, I bet it's 8 ounces, which is a much more common measurement when buying mushrooms, right?

I got the Weeknight Menus yesterday and it looks really good. Hi, btw, I'm new.

Laura
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by semmens (Looking at the pictu...)
Hi, Laura, welcome to the forum! You might be right about the 8 oz thing. As much as I love this magazine, they do tend to misprint some things like that.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by semmens (Looking at the pictu...)
YAYYYYY Laura!!! Welcome and hope to see you here frequently!! It's great to have "newbies" here and whatever your contribution is we will consider and give feedback---new thoughts and suggestions are a must here!!
We certainly do need new family members!!

BTW---my sister's name is Laura--your middle name is not Lee, is it?? LOL
barbara_marie----please fogive me for NOT acknowlegding your new membership here!! You will find this board very friendly and may be a little challenging if you're in to trying new recipes and experiments on a whim--I'm a senior and find the mix here rejuvenating!! Hope you enjoy as much as I do---will love to hear from you!!

I just ordered the Weeknight Menus and am anxious to review and cook--cook---cook!!!
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus by TwilightKitten (Hi, Laura, welcome t...)
No! Don't tell me that, mispelling and typos? I don't know if I can stand it.

You're probably right about the 8 oz though and welcome.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy