Asian Inspired Coconut Sauce Revisited
  Re: (...)
Oh my Lord this sauce is hot, but it’s one of those you can’t stop eating in spite of the heat!! Initially I adapted the sauce because I was lacking a couple of ingredients – clam juice and half-&-half and I’m so happy I did. Because there was some of the sauce left after having it with alligator over rice, I froze a few little containers of it. Pulled one out last night and drizzled over fried rice burritos. Wonderful! So, I’m pulling out the sauce ingredients for a standalone recipe. Because it is so hot, you might want to decrease the amount of cayenne, but using it as a 'drizzling' sauce, the heat is diffused quite a bit.

Thai Coconut Sauced Alligator over Brown Rice
[Image: Aug%204%20Thai%20Coconut%20Alligator_zpsq8qgkc6w.jpg]

Thai Coconut Sauce

Olive oil or Olive oil spray, as needed
4 oz red onion, diced
4 oz celery, diced
4 oz each green and red bell pepper, diced
2 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Tbs Cayenne pepper
1 cup white wine (I use Noilly Prat)
2 1/2 cups Swanson Thai Ginger Flavor Infused Broth, divided
1 Tb cornstarch
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1 1/2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
4 oz Coconut Cream

Heat nonstick sauté pan; add the about 1 T. olive oil

Add vegetables and cayenne pepper and toss for3-5 minutes until veggies are crisp tender.

Deglaze with wine, then add 2 cups Thai broth. Bring to simmer, then blend 1/2 cup broth with cornstarch and add to pan.

Add the herbs, and coconut cream. Simmer until thickened.
-------

I can’t think of any dish that would not benefit from a drizzle of this sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Asian Inspired Coconut Sauce Revisited by cjs (Oh my Lord this sauc...)
This is right up our alley, Jean. Thanks for posting. Love the idea of making up little packets of it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Asian Inspired Coconut Sauce Revisited by Mare749 (This is right up our...)
I think William would like this one, Jean. But not sure about finding the infused broth. I'll have to look at one of the big stores or TJs in the city.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Asian Inspired Coconut Sauce Revisited by Gourmet_Mom (I think William woul...)
Daphne, there are so many flavors in this - I bet you could use chikens stock and it would work!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Inspired Coconut Sauce Revisited by cjs (Daphne, there are so...)
I think stock would work as well, just add a little jarred or fresh ginger.
  Re: Re: Asian Inspired Coconut Sauce Revisited by Trixxee (I think stock would ...)
I was wondering if the addition of ginger wouldn't work. Ashley's going to check TJ's this week to see if they have it. If not, that's the direction I'll go.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.