Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making pizza - Potato/Pesto to have while we watch the Hawks FINALLY win a game!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Family dinner...Holly is making Chicken Bombs, I'm making stuffed mushrooms and Spinach Feta Orzo (Cuisine Weeknight Menus) and we don't know yet what Heather is making. Apothic on sale at Giant Eagle this week, so a couple bottles of that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by Mare749 (Family dinner...Holl...)
On sale here too!! Wish Vicci would check in so we can thank her again for turning us on to that wine.

I don't think I've made the Spinach Feta Orzo - better look it up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by cjs (On sale here too!! [...)
It's in Weeknight Menus:

Spinach-feta Orzo

1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 cup dry orzo pasta
2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
ΒΌ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1+1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
salt to taste

1. Saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil in a large saucepan for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add orzo, stirring 2 minutes to coat with oil and prevent sticking. Stir in chicken broth and wine. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 minutes. Add spinach and feta to the hot pasta to wilt the spinach, then season with salt.

Yield: 3 cups

Source: Cuisine at Home Weeknight Menus

ETA: Sorry, forgot the liquid so had to edit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by cjs (On sale here too!! [...)
Copy-cat Quarter pounders for dinner. The Nutella brownies are in the oven right now, it smells sooo good in our house.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by losblanos1 (Copy-cat Quarter pou...)
I think we've decided on a beer can chicken, broccoli and either stove top or au gratin potatoes.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by Trixxee (I think we've decide...)
Baked ham, potato-gruyere gratin and green beans....YUMM!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by Mare749 (It's in Weeknight Me...)
This is a good dish---I used to make this when carbs were not an issue
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by Roxanne 21 (This is a good dish-...)
Needless to say, I've been AWOL...life has been super busy! However, the Jewish holidays are over and we only have a few events we've committed to in the next few months, so I should be able to pop in more regularly. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

We went to Biketoberfest this weekend and had a blast! Fun people, GREAT people watching, gorgeous bikes, better rides, and perfect weather. We got up early this morning and were home by 2:00, so I even had a chance to get somewhat organized for the week.

Tonight's dinner was planned before we left, however. We're freezer-diving Cincinnati Chili and green beans. I love that stuff and it's great comfort food.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/18/15?? by karyn (Needless to say, I'v...)
Good to see you back, Karyn!

We're having pot roast. House is smelling GOOD!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.