Weeknight Menus
  Re: (...)
I finally got my copy of the C@H Weeknight Menus! I just flipped though it quickly, and it looks pretty good. Lots of pretty pictures of food...I love that! Anybody else get theirs yet?
Tammy
  Re: Weeknight Menus by TwilightKitten (I finally got my cop...)
Just ordered it---should be here in 6-8 weeks. Can't wait--if it is anything like the ones in the regular issues I'm gonna love it!! Let us know what you think when you create something new---PLEASE!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by Roxanne 21 (Just ordered it---sh...)
Oh, if I make anything from it, I'll certainly post reviews and/or recipes, if you want. I could be wrong, but I think I recognize a few of the recipes from the magazine. I hope they aren't all from the regular issues!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by TwilightKitten (Oh, if I make anythi...)
OHHH NOOO----that will be very disappointing, for sure!!! I WANT NEW ONES!!!! Not ones I have already paid for---what a RIP!!! Let's hope not---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by Roxanne 21 (OHHH NOOO----that wi...)
lol...tell me about it! The pork chop recipe was VERY similar top the one we made for our last dinner party. And there was a recipe for bravas potatoes that I'm pretty sure is in an issue too. I hope they aren't all just renamed version of what we already have. That would be such a rip-off!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by TwilightKitten (lol...tell me about ...)
I'm surprised that there is not a Cuisine at home rep. represented on the forums, or is there??? Might be something to look into....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by cjs (I'm surprised that t...)
Ok, so tonight I made Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa and Beans and Rice. We really liked it a lot! We're trying to eat healthier so I removed the skin from the chicken first. Oh, and I couldn't find Jamaican Seasoning in the grocery store so I made it with a recipe I found on the internet. Anyway, it was tasty and easy to make too!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by TwilightKitten (Ok, so tonight I mad...)
Sounds nice Tammy. Could I cringingly suggest you retain the skin. So lovely for moisture and the general wellbeing of your chooky. If you want to, you could leave the skin on, then denude your hapless fowl. Place a knive back over the fatty side the flayed skin and draw it down, to remove any fat hopeful of blessing you with flavour. The skin returned to the oven, briefly, will delight you, with crispy pleasure. Consider pork crackling, same thing, different beast. We don't eat enough fat these days. Truly.
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by vannin (Sounds nice Tammy. ...)
Ok, here's what I do. I bake the legs with the skin on for an hour, then I peel it off, sauce the chicken, and bake it for another hour. It gets this faux skin, and we love it. It might be too dry for some people at this point, but it's always drowning in some sort of sauce. And yes, I would LOVE to eat the skin, but I get so much fat in my diet with other things that I have to cut it out when I can (believe me, I don't want to! ).
Tammy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus by vannin (Sounds nice Tammy. ...)
There is bound to be repetition. How could there not be? How many ways can we cook a spud? I think the major contribution of magazines various is the variety of combinations, the re-intoduction of foods layed fallow for too many years, the shear exitment of stunning photography and the lovely presentations. Some things may be repeated. Never mind.